Position Title: National Human Resources Officer (Position Management)
Job classification: NO-B
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 1,577,572 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (OSU) and the overall supervision of the Chief, MHRO and, in collaboration with Organizational Design Unit (ODU), Integrated Talent Management Unit (ITMU) at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the administrative management of positions, organizational units and similar information based on the needs and structure of the organization.
The successful candidate will undertake and coordinate various HR related tasks to support the processes in human resources management including, but not limited to, analysis of processes and workflows, determination of business needs, evaluate standards for quality control in HR transactions, training for internal clients and sharing institutional knowledge for global HR operations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of position management activities in the relevant ERP module in close coordination with DHR in Headquarters in accordance with the organization’s designed structure and in consideration of operational activities worldwide.
- Provide recommendations related to position management and coordinate extensively with Regional Offices, ODU, and the Panama Administrative Center (PAC), taking into account staff regulations, rules, instructions, procedures, and best practices.
- Monitor the inventory of Post Descriptions (PD) for positions in the Professional Category and General Service in Geneva to ensure it is complete and regularly updated. Whenever needed, coordinate missing PDs with the relevant units and respond to requests from Auditors, MHRO units, ITMU, Regional Offices, or Country Offices in a timely manner.
- Monitor the centralized process of creation and updated of core positions in coordination with ODU and Budget, as well as tenured and limited positions in coordination with Policy Unit and ITMU.
- Oversee the administration of the Organizational Management module in the relevant ERP including verifying documentation related to new positions, reclassifications, and transfers to ensure accuracy and timeliness of personnel actions.
- Monitor the information in the performance management system, to ensure the reporting lines are aligned with the organizational structure and the information in the relevant ERP module.
- Monitor requests for new duty stations as requested by the Country and Regional Offices, to ensure they are aligned with ICSC hardship classification, and the Staff Security measures before they are endorsed for upload into the ERP.
- Assess the training needs, priorities and plans to ensure processes related to position management and similar matters are followed correctly in collaboration with MHRO units, ODU in Geneva and PAC, and Staff Development and Learning (SDL) Unit.
- Oversee the preparation of reports pertaining to position management, organizational structures and any other information necessary for human resources initiatives and budgeting.
- Troubleshoot end-user issues as necessary and perform assigned User Support activities related to the position management in the ERP or any other technological initiatives.
- Participate in the preparation of documentation and participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, manuals, process flows, presentations and organizational charts, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Management, Psychology or related field with four years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Master’s degree in above or related field with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Previous work experience Human Resources Management with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in HR operations, more specifically in organizational management and exposure to UN/IOM HR rules and policies, is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyse HR policies and processes.
- Understanding of the organization, its processes, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to stay organized while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to analyze information and processes, identify problems and develop effective solutions and strategies.
- Commitment to providing exceptional service and support to staff members.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 22 Ferbuary 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0182023-vn-0182023-national-human-resources-officer-position-management-no-b-manila
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.