Background: In 2023, the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek requires an external evaluation activities of three UB Projects “Promotion of Rule of Law and Administration of Justice” during the period of 2019-2022 (2 experts), “Assisting the Kyrgyz Republic in Addressing Migration and THB-related Issues” implemented in the period of 01 January 2023 – 31 December 2023 (2 experts), and “Assisting the Host State in Promotion of Inter-Confessional Dialogue and Tolerance” carried out in 2017-2022 (2 experts).
The “Promotion of Rule of Law and Administration of Justice” project builds on the POiB’s support to the maintenance and strengthening the rule of law institutions and aims to support the state in enhancing capacity of law enforcement agencies, prosecution bodies and judiciary in implementing rule of law and human rights standards within existing criminal justice framework; complying with fair trial standards via comprehensive trial monitoring done by civil society organizations; enhancing accountability in the criminal justice system through providing technical support to digitalization of the justice system.
The “Assisting the Kyrgyz Republic in Addressing Migration and THB-related Issues” project aims:
- Support the host State in implementing the National and International obligations related to Migration and CTHB for the period of 2023-2025.
- Increase the capacity of relevant government bodies and law enforcement agencies in addressing migration and THB issues.
- Improve co-ordination among all concerned stakeholders in the sphere of Migration and THB.
- Raise awareness among the youth and potential migrants on the issues related to THB and illegal migration.
The “Assisting the Host State in Promotion of Inter-Confessional Dialogue and Tolerance” project aims:
- Support the State Commission in Religious Affairs on implementation of POiB project task related to the Concept of State Policy in the Sphere of Religions 2022-2026.
- Capacity building of the state personnel and digitalization of the public services to religious organizations in building religious tolerance, activities of the National Inter-Confessional Council in launching and supporting inter-confessional dialogue on the national level.
- Establishment of the Co-ordination Platform among south-regional media stakeholders by Ministry of Culture, Information, Sport and Youth Policy.
- Capacity building of the regional media representatives including response to Batken cross-border armed conflict on safety of journalists.
- Establishment of the Media Partnership Platform to public discussions of the actual professional challenges faces by media community on the national level.
The OSCE is committed to providing accurate, relevant, and up-to-date information to its stakeholders through its website and other communication channels. To ensure that this goal is being met, a content evaluation will be conducted to assess the quality and effectiveness of the organization’s current content.
Objective of Assignment: The main objective of this content evaluation is to provide an objective assessment of the project’s existing content, including its accuracy, relevance, and alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives. The evaluation will also identify areas for improvement and recommend strategies for enhancing the effectiveness of the organization’s content.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Legal Reform Officer and Senior Programme Associates, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Review of project documentation: This includes project proposals, work plans, progress reports, self-evaluation reports, and any other relevant documents related to the project.
- Stakeholder consultation: This includes interviewing key stakeholders such as project staff, project partners, beneficiaries, government officials, and representatives of civil society organizations.
- Site visits: This involves visiting project sites to observe and assess project activities, including the implementation of project activities, the provision of services, and the impact of the project on the local community.
- Data collection and analysis: This involves collecting and analyzing data related to project outcomes and impacts, such as changes in the level of awareness of the rule of law and administration of justice, changes in the attitudes and behaviors of key stakeholders, and changes in the access to justice for marginalized groups.
- Assessment of project sustainability: This involves evaluating the project’s ability to continue its activities beyond the end of project funding and the extent to which it has leveraged external resources and partnerships to sustain its activities.
- Development of recommendations: Based on the findings of the evaluation, the expert should develop recommendations for improving the project’s effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Preparation of the final report: The expert should prepare a comprehensive report that presents the findings of the evaluation and provides recommendations for improving the project. The report should be written in a clear, concise, and accessible manner.
The Expert Consultant is responsible for the timely and professional production of project deliverables, established in Terms of Reference. The Expert Consultant will be instructed as to the specific substance of the deliverables, to be discussed with Head of Human Dimension Department, to ensure the highest quality products possible.
The expert will be working from home and will organize necessary events and meetings at the designated places.
- Evaluation report with recommendations;
- Final Consultant report.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the please see: http://www.osce.org/programmeofficeinbishkek
- Higher education in the sphere of law, social science, and related areas;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in content development and management;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Experience in conducting project evaluations and developing strategic programmes;
- Experience in developing and implementing activities interventions in the area of rule of law;
- Knowledge of best practices in project/programme development and management;
- Good computer skills in working with MS Office and spreadsheets;
- Skills of structured presentation of information and good communication skills;
- Fluency in English, Russian, knowledge of Kyrgyz will be considered as an advantage;
- The evaluator must be completely impartial and independent from all aspects of management interests in the entity being evaluated. The evaluator should disclose any relationship that might possibly compromise his/her independence;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under: http://https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek
- Requisition ID: KYR000040
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Level: National Professional
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 6
- Location: KYR – OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, Bishkek
- Issue Date: Mar 10, 2023
- Closing Date: Mar 27, 2023
- Education Level: Higher Degree
- Job Field: Rule of Law
- Target Start Date: as soon as possible