WFP is the Largest Humanitarian Organization in the World and 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Winner!
WFP Turkiye Country Office is looking for Monitoring Assistants SSA5 based in Gaziantep/Turkiye. Apply no later than 19 April 2023!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The job holders are based in Gaziantep with travel required within the region when needed and report to the Programme Associate (M&E) or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of WFP assistance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the MA will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all Field Monitor Assistants)
- Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or cash assistance, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity/amount distributed, and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Collect and summarise assistance programme data (quantitative and qualitative data collection), collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
- Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on distribution arrangements, CBT entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
- Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary school education, supplemented with experience or additional education in communications, humanitarian or developmental aid, international relations, education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
Experience : At least two years of progressively responsible support experience including at least six months in refugee operations, or another related field. Language: Fluency in both oral and written Turkish and Arabic, good working knowledge of oral and written English. Candidates who are fluent in English, Turkish, and Arabic will be given preference
Knowledge: Experience in using digital data collection tools, utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Residency Status: Can didates are required to be Turkish nationals.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
- Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
Medical Insurance: Private medical insurance plan for staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Duration of the contract: 2 months (possible extension)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Please apply no later than 19 April 2023.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.