Explore Humanitarian Aid Initiative is non-profit non-Governmental organization established following the humanitarian crisis in Northeastern Nigeria. Our organizations head office is based in Borno state, and our main focus is service delivery to the deprived and marginalized people of the society. This we do through evidence based interventions which address expressed needs of beneficiaries. The organization was establishedby a group of educated, dynamic and like-minded professionals working in the humanitarian and development sectors who got together to establish an organization with the aim addressing the most urgent, pressing and importantly evidenced based needs of the people of Nigeria. Our interventionsvary across different sectors and programming areas. Explore Aid carries out a range of programmatic interventions in the areas of Health (predominantly maternal and child health), Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Nutrition, Education, Protection (child protection & gender based violence), Food Security & Livelihood, Environment, Access to Justice and Economic Empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Employment Type: Contract
- Support in the areas of data collection and internal reporting with guidance from the M&E Officer and in close collaboration with departmental and field teams.
- Provide support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects at the field level.
- Monitor the field activities based on the project implementation plan using Explore Aids monitoring and evaluation tools and procedures.
- Assist in developing operational monitoring tools (e.g., checklists, questionnaires, databases, interviews, and survey forms, etc.)
- Collect, enter, and analyze data on weekly/ monthly basis, depending on project requirements, while ensuring data accuracy and reliability
- Provide timely inputs to the management team for new initiatives and on improvements on M&E issues.
- Data entry on Activity-Info and other data reporting platforms.
- Support research (desk and/or field)and study activities on M&E related issues.
- Operationalize all the Explore Aid M&E procedures and tools (e.g., KOBO, smartphones, Explore Aid Database, etc.);
- Train, support and supervise the volunteers and field agentsimplementing the vulnerability assessments, baselines, follow-up and end-line surveys (with KOBO tools), and collect project activities data;
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and follow-ups, and carry out focus group discussions with Explore Aidbeneficiaries, as requested;
- Review and ensure the quality and accuracy of the data collected and stored (data cleaning and entry);
- Treat and analyze the data against performance indicators, and inform promptly when progress against project indicators is ahead or behind target;
- Assist in the finalization of quarterly, annual and final reports;
- Assist in the statistical analysis (using excel or equivalent tool) for impact assessments;
- Support in the processes for mid and/or final term evaluations;
- Support in the program learning activities and analysis;
- Contribute to the design and development of future project proposals;
- Collect and prepare communication and visibility materials (project overviews, project fact sheets, success stories, website material, etc.);
- Prepare and accompany field visits of Explore Aidand external visitors, photographers, journalists, or media;
- Perform other duties as required and requested.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 1 – 3 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online