Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Project Overview and Role:
Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
Palladium is seeking for a skilled Mobile Applications Developer to join the software engineering team responsible for the design and development of various technology products that support health and social services. He/she will work with tech leads and product managers to ideate mobile application solutions and design client and server-side architecture. The mobile app developer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing source code to develop mobile apps and mobile platform programs that meet the needs and requirements of the clients across various cross platform devices.
The Mobile Application Developer will report to the Health Informatics Team Lead. This is a full-time position with a contract for 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop fully functional mobile applications to support service delivery and performance management in health and social services programs.
- Design mobile application user interfaces.
- Liaise with the product development team to plan new features.
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps.
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols.
- Stay up to date with new technology trends to apply to the current existing systems, LAMISPlus, NOMIS Mobile and COVID-19 applications.
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality.
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store, the Android market or iOS.
- Minimum three years experience in mobile app development.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming languages like Java and C++.
- Familiarity using version control tools like Git, Subversion etc. and IDEs like Android Studio, VS Code etc.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle and exposure to Scrum projects.
- Knowledge of Dart programming language, Rest APIs and integration of various APIs from third parties.
- Experience using test cases for debugging code, enhancing performance and reliability.
- Proven experience in developing applications using Flutter framework for mobile will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply