Job position – Medical Doctor Work location – Borno State
Reporting to – Medical Activity Manager Supervision of– N/A
General purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Activity Manager (NAM), the Medical Doctor will be responsible for the proper implementation of the health and nutrition program activities with emphases on quality services, result oriented sensitisation, mobilisation and active participation in all the areas of implementation. Ensuring strict adherence to INTERSOS procedures, standards and policies as well as national guidelines set donors and Health and Nutrition cluster.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Participates in planning and undertaking nutrition surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition program activities.
- Ensures activities are being implemented accordingly and protocols and guidelines are followed at all times
- Conducts weekly data quality assessment; providing inputs and data for monthly Nutrition activities’ reports.
- Ensures the quality of the nutrition service given in all different locations meet the expected standards.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of project site activities and staff (IYCF, OTP, SC, CHVs).
- Facilitates cross-sectorial programming, particularly to promote excellent communication and referral between IYCF, CMAM, FSL Programming.
- Ensures availability of materials, equipment and supplies and adequate management of the materials in all of the area’s intervention; accurate record keeping, ordering and accountability.
- Provides technical & organizational support and trainings for the project staff, MoH and other humanitarian actors as necessary to promote consistent good practice
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of B. Sc.in one of the following areas: medicine, health and nutrition.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant professional work experience, in the implementation of health and nutrition activities, with background/familiarity within Emergency Contexts.
- Minimum 3-year experience with recognized INGO
- Conversant with Health Information Management Systems Data.
- Competence in training and team management.
- Knowledge and adherence to the Humanitarian Code of Conduct.
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and excellence as a team player.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 30th September 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.