Innov8 Hub is a non-profit organization that provides expert support for startups and organizations looking to develop innovative new solutions that solve problems in the local community, with the ability to not only visualise concepts using the latest technology but to also fabricate proof of concepts and fine tune manufacturing solutions for our home market
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- With minimal supervision, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to Design, Fabrication and Manufacturing related functions.
- Have core competence in either Fusion360, Onshape or Solidworks, with knowledge of Automation, and be able to simulate parts assemblies by having a good understanding of materials, various fabrication techniques and manufacturing processes.
- The ability to create simulations with BLENDER and UNREAL engine would also be helpful.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Develop CAD 3D models and 2D drawings for fabrication and manufacturing.
- Preparation of product definitions and specifications.
- Analyse and test mechanical concepts.
- Develop and review new technical solutions.
- Design, implement and test new products to achieve desired features.
- Interface with other departments in the company to ensure effective communications of new product development and continuous engineering activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an accredited Design Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Product Design and Development.
- Strong CAD 3D design background / proficiency.
- Technical skill and knowledge of mechanical engineering and product fabrication.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional and cross-cultural work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – must be able to interface successfully with other engineers, non-technical personnel.
- Good project management skills including developing project plans and timelines, tracking project progress, expediting external action items.
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with little or no supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical and project leadership responsibilities.
Salary Range: Open – Initially dependent on experience, thereafter on performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “Mechanical Design Engineer” as the subject of the mail.