We assist those in urgent need anywhere, anytime, no matter what the conditions, providing lifesaving health care and health care-related emergency services-often within hours. As conditions ease, we work with local leaders to rebuild stronger. In non-emergency settings, our focus is development.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of monitoring all activities and outputs of the active projects.
- In consultation with supervisor, the MEAL Officer will undertake training responsibilities to equip the local government, partner organizations and community level staff/volunteers to undertake monitoring tasks.
- The MEAL Officer will contribute to efforts in outcome evaluation; and will draft and submit monitoring reports to the MEAL Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
For closely tracking the project progress, the MEAL Officer will:
- Apply the output indicators of the project to measure the achievement of each task and objective.
- Collect, analyze data and reports based on already developed templates on a regular basis from the field.
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to objectively observe the status of project implementation using the developed program supervisory & monitoring checklist
- Support the MEAL Manager with monitoring data and relevant findings in preparations for the partnership, coordination and review meetings
- Provide training along with the MEAL Coordinator to ensure the project and partner organization staff as well as the relevant government staff are capable of undertaking tasks under the project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to track indicators on all outputs
- Monitor partner organization’s performance on all project activities
- Design and conduct case studies in collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator for projects implemented
- Write monitoring reports and success stories on project interventions, to submit to the MEAL Coordinator.
- Maintain frequent communication with Project Managers to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated
- Assist in the capture of lessons learned and best practices for the response
- Assist staff person responsible for coordinating the development of donor program reports and internal reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems, or other relevant Certifications. Professional Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in – program monitoring and evaluation which includes database development and management, remote monitoring, assessments and situation analysis in emergency settings
- Experience in working with a range of humanitarian donors (e.g. BHA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) including established/required indicators
- Experience in working as MEAL staff person, working with program and technical staff, on proposal development and donor reporting
- Experience in MEAL positions on emergency response programming is preferred
- Experience in WASH, health, nutrition, GBV and food security programming preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Ability to live and work in insecure environment with rapidly changing security situation
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus. In addition, She/he must be able to use analytical packages like EpiInfo, SPSS, SMART and STATA
- Strong English language ability (both written and verbal) and the ability to produce cohesive, informative reports including both qualitative and quantitative findings for a range of audiences
- Ability to speak Hausa is desired
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Important Information and Notice
- Aplication letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address: via: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.