To address the livelihoods challenges of marginalized people in tribal region and to bring positive change in their lives, manifold interventions at different levels – policy, programs, community and community institutions etc. is required. In this regard to reduce vulnerability of marginalized sections, CLEWSI is promoting livelihood improvement.
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja , Borno , Kwara
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Ensures planning and implementation focusing on overall M&E framework of the project.
2. Ensures proper monitoring, reporting and effective management of the evaluation process
3. Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
4. Provides support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures planning and implementation of the projects, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects:
- Assist in the development of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan and its effective and efficient implementation.
- Ensure that logframe performance and impact indicators are defined and are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound).
- Develop measurement methods and identify data sources for project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective project component teams.
- Provide quality assurance through the development and implementation of an M&E Operations and Reporting Manual for the project.
- Ensure that the purpose of the M&E Operating Manual is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
- Assist with the development of a consolidated monthly reporting system and format for project staff, with designated sections for each project component. Assist in the conduct of project baseline and progress surveys (appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods and data collection procedures, data verification though, periodic site visits, where appropriate provide or facilitate necessary training).
- Support the team members and project partners in the development of critical learning events, which will provide the opportunity to examine issues that arise during project implementation. These events aim to provide the team with critical information to enable them to make decisions in relation to their respective components and the project as a whole.
- Prepare annual work plans and associated budgets for M&E related activities.
2. Ensure proper monitoring and reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Draft regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports.
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the programme team
- Compile and consolidate project component reports monthly/quarterly/bi-annually.
- Drafting of quarterly, annual and other reports required by donor.
- Ensure that project data are entered and updated on a timely basis.
- Update data in press releases and pages for project webpages, as needed.
- Keep archive of human interest stories (most significant change).
- Prepare regular progress reports on activities undertaken, results achieved against targets and plan for follow up actions.
- Ensure that lessons learned are fed back into project implementation.
- Provide capacity development support to project staff, including government partners.
- Assist the project reviews and evaluations.
3. Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide support in the analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and development of database on contacts details with donors/counterparts.
- Provide support on the data tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
4. Provides support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing ,focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide support to improve quarterly report and newsletter, capturing stories from the field and/or other stakeholder;
- Facilitate capacity building & contribute for development of the knowledge management system
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities on international development projects.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Knowledge of and experience with working with the NGOs
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience with data quality assessments and oversight, developing and refining data collection tools and analyzing data, and managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or subgrantees.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys and gender-related analysis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.