Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development.
MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Specialist, Nigeria Monitoring Project
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will increase BHA and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The Logistics Specialist will manage all logistical requirements associated with the project.
- The Specialist will report directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager in Abuja and will have close coordination with the Regional Manager and the Security Specialist in Maiduguri.
- The Chief of Party (COP) and MSI’s home office Project Management staff will also provide overall guidance.
- This position will be based full-time in the NMP office in Abuja and will require regular travel throughout the Northeast Nigerian states.
- Manage all project logistical requirements, logistics tracking, logistical service providers, and logistics delivery schedules.
- Facilitate the safe travel of project staff between Abuja and the BAY states.
- Manage and assist in all vendor-originated purchases from purchase requests and orders to requests for quotations, bid analyses, vendor selection, vendor deliveries, and delivery/purchase receipts.
- Collaborate with travel agents, commercial flight operators, and United Nations (UN) charted transportation providers to arrange frequent and time-sensitive staff flights.
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of all project-associated property, including capital equipment and consumables, in accordance with USAID requirements and MSI corporate practices.
- Coordinate all logistics and travel activities closely with the NMP Project Management team, the Security Specialist in Maiduguri, and MSI’s home office.
- Manage the use of the NMP project office car.
- Project point of contact for the NMP contracts with vehicle leasing service providers in Abuja and Maiduguri offices.
- Oversee the work of subcontracted vendors such as cleaners, drivers, and guard staff, as it relates to status reporting, asset serviceability, security vendor readiness, and quality of contracted services.
- Any other assignments as determined by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience and practical knowledge of USAID procurement regulations, logistical planning and execution, security/safety-related subjects, threat/risk assessment, security management, and personal/organizational security awareness is required.
- Strong understanding of threats and risks in NE Nigeria is required.
- Experience with communications technology such as computers, software, cellular and satellite equipment, tracking devices, etc. is required.
- Experience with USAID funded projects is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including a commitment to the safety of others required.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.