WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
JOB RELATED KEY INFORMATION
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Khujand
Vacancy Number: 211100
Date of Publication: 28 December 2022
Deadline of Application: 11 January 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in WFP Tajikistan, Khujand Field Office. Job holder will report to the Head of Khujand Field Office as well as Country Office Logistics Associate, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff (e.g. Storekeeper, Tally Assistant, Forklift Driver), in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Logistics.
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information,
insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, Tajik and/or Russian.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete their applications on-line on WFP website on the following link:
Applicants will have to register and create on-line CVs to be able to apply. Hard copies of CVs or applications through e-mail will not be accepted. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information.
The deadline for submission of applications is 11 January 2023.
Female candidates and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.