Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Site Manager, the Logistician 1 provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation. Can be sent for support to other Sub delegations for short term missions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate transport with the contracted transportation companied the transfer of goods from warehouse to other Sub delegations or to the distribution points.
• Follow-up on statistical reporting using Tableau application (MoPed, Dashboards for purchasing and Customer Service Desk (CSD)
• Maximizes the efficiency and effectiveness of the Vehicle Fleet through planned resource allocation in accordance with guidelines from Vehicle Fleet Manager.
• Ensures that administrative paperwork related to vehicles and drivers is handled in a professional manner and is in line with guidelines from Vehicle Fleet Manager.
• Manages, monitors and accountable for vehicle fuel supplies, including contingency planning.
• Establishes the spare parts inventory and carries out controls in accordance with ICRC guidelines.
• Supply-chain management and planning (manage and follow up on requests, provides customer desk service, and carries out related reporting) in case of Supply Chain Officer absence
• Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files, etc.) and liaise with requesting department • Designate Cash Transfer Program (CTP) focal point and participate in CTP activities in the field missions
• Implementation and follow-up for financial and administrative procedures
• Work with different tools such as Lotus Note, Profiles, FleetWave, JDE/Oscar Light
• Understands and supervise the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities of the employees under your supervision
• May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Education and Experience Required
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business Administration or any equivalent field
• Minimum of 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management/coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work
Desired profile and Skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of local languages (Hausa, etc.) is an asset
• Expert level in computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word)
• Effective multitasking skills with ability to coordinate and meet deadlines
• Possess strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Send Curriculum vitae, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to [email protected]
Clearly indicate “ABJ202200328 Logistician 1 JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
• Current location
• Languages you speak
• Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 09.10.2022, 16:30hrs. Late application will not be considered Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc. (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.