Hope and Rural Aid Foundation (HARAF) is a National non – profit organization functioning since 2011 but was officially registered under the corporate affairs commission (CAC) of the federal government of Nigeria in the year 2016 with registration number RN: CAC/IT/:85536. HARAF are into humanitarian and development activities with full operational presence and offices in Adamawa, Borno, Yobe with field offices in Michika and Calabar. The head office in Yola. The organization works in the Food Security and Livelihood, Protection (Child Protection/GBV), Education and Shelter/CCCM Thematic areas.
HARAF plans to implement complimentary livelihoods activities particularly to introduce livelihoods interventions to build their capacity by contributing to their basic food needs and ultimately reduce the cost of life savings interventions over time. This will also provide opportunity to utilize the otherwise idle labour, mostly from youth who are caught in humanitarian crisis through Entrepreneurship, Livelihood Intervention Skills acquisition and Financial Literacy Training at selected communities of Yola South LGA, Adamawa state.
Location: Yola, Adamawa State.
Employment Type: Contract
- Work with Target committee and Livelihood coordinator to ensure the identification and selection of beneficiaries for livelihood activities.
- Develop income generation programs for households and supervise skilltrainers to ensure quality training sessions with beneficiaries.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of cash transfers, by maintaining and/or expanding HARAF community outreach to ensure beneficiaries have one communication channel with the team.
- Supervise and coordinate the conditional cash-based transfers program, keeping track of beneficiary’s attendance and work activities.
- Coordinate the distribution of HARAF tokens to targeted beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and supervise the monitoring of monthly redemption and cash out activities and ensure that beneficiaries receive their full entitlement and they are treated with dignity and not taken advantage of.
- Prepare and submit a monthly Conditionality File of beneficiaries’ cash redemption to the Livelihood Coordinator.
- Coordinate the monthly collation of attendance and work list of beneficiaries
- Timely report any irregularities to the Livelihood Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity reports to the Livelihood coordinator.
- Participate in monthly review meetings with stakeholders.
- Attend Food Security Sector meetings.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply HARAF’s Code of Ethics and Conduct,
- Directly to the Livelihood Coordinator.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
- At least a Degree/HND in Business Management, Development Studies, Accounting, Social Sciences, Sociology.
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Two years relevant work experience
- Experience in the Cash Transfers and social approach
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Ability to write reports
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Fluency in Hausa and English Good team spirit.
- Previous experience with FSL and Cash programming
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with INGO/NGO
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should mail/send their CV and Cover Letters as one document to: [email protected] with the position applied for and Location as the Subject of the Mail.
Closing Date: 5th August 2022.
- Females are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted afterwards
- HARAF does not receive applications in the office or by hand. All applications must be sent to the above stated mail before it will be considered.
- Any application sent after the closing date will not be considered!