Ambassadors of Dialogue, Climate and Reintegration (DCR Ambassadors) is a voluntary, non-government, not-for-profit, and non-sectarian organization (gender focus), that is working in the area of peace-building, climate change, and reintegration. Established in 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in August 2018, our mission is to educate and empower citizens, especially women, youths and, children to be able to shape their society and become more responsive to social, economic, political and environmental transformations. DCR Ambassadors envision a world where human life has esteemed value and worth, citizens have equal opportunities, and people are free from oppression, violence, and disasters. We can drive social change through advocacy, community mobilizing for action, capacity building, livelihood support, education, and strengthening democratic governance structures through dialogues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood and Food Security Officer
Location: Yusufari, Yobe
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: 3 months
- The Livelihood and Food Security officer will assist the Program Manager in the discharge of his/her duties, while he/she reports to the Program Manager, they both report to the Program Coordinator.
- The Livelihood and Food Security Officer will work hand in hand with the PM and management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial, and grants management integrity of the entire project is met.
- S/he will be responsible for Livelihood and food security work plan implementation, ensuring compliance with DCR Ambassadors regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and provide technical support in livelihood resilience development activities, initiatives in line with the project program strategy including necessary preparation of design, technical support, stakeholder consultation, preparation of terms of reference, concept notes, action plan, identifying appropriate implementation modalities so as to operationalizing activities;
- Design capacity development materials on livelihoods; provide technical support in conducting capacity building initiatives, formulation of policies, strategies guidelines, tools;
- Support the development of initiatives and partnerships that facilitate knowledge-management on livelihoods, poverty alleviation and particularly, their linkages;
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Develop an integrated and coordinated plan of action based on proven evidence that identifies demonstrative opportunities of the project activities;
- Develop internal monitoring and operational plan, undertake capacity-development of partners and stakeholders including providing guidance to area-based staff on field implementation;
- Monitor programs implementation of partners (contractors, consultants, grantees) in accordance with agreements, work-plans, deliverables and timelines;
- Provide inputs and feedback to reporting; ensure systematic documentation and filing;
- Oversee the implementation of livelihood-related components of project to ensure the delivery of all the targets with desired outputs;
- Regularly liaise with relevant government institutions, UN agencies, INGOs, NGOs and CSOs to understand ongoing policy initiatives and identify DCR Ambassadors potential role and contribution to policy initiatives;
- Organize and facilitate training, information-sharing and knowledge-sharing events on the initiative as thematic expert on livelihoods;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches, formulate case-studies, knowledge management, and dissemination;
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work;
- Monitors specific stages of projects/program implementation and establish the research/evidence based establish the linkages/integration across programs;
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders;
- Play the active role to bring all the project activities with coherent and harmonized relationships among diverse actors through building effective partnerships;
- Review the Action Plan annually, and update and revise corresponding work plans as necessary;
Providing quality assurance and support to implement project activities:
- Maintain close coordination/linkages with targeted local level agencies, I/NGOs, and CBOs, user groups focussing on livelihood specific on-going work and opportunity for complementarity;
- Provide backstopping on field activities implemented by local project partners;
- Provide Management and technical inputs to the implementation of the livelihood Programme activities and outputs – including organizing and participating in meetings, trainings, workshops and other events and by providing analysis of results;
- Organize and coordinate livelihood specific programme activities aimed to enhance capacity of local partners in compliance against programme and fiduciary standards; and
- Take active role to develop and support the overall Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, knowledge management, publications, documentation to capture all the data, information storage, lesson learned and success stories.
Monitoring and reporting of field-based activities:
- Ensure that all project data, information on physical and financial progress are duly maintained with transparently, expediently, and effectively in line with DCR Ambassadors rules and regulations;
- Plan, coordinate and organize regularly joint monitoring of the livelihood specific activities in the field;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of livelihood specific, and other required reports, as per the requirements of DCR Ambassadors and Global Environmental Facility (GEF);
- Support to the Project Implementation Unit, for the regular meetings of between line agencies, provincial and local level partners, stakeholders; groups; and
- Facilitate spot checks of the implemented activities at the field level.
Develop and maintain strong relationship with government counterparts, user groups and community-based organizations:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, government officials, (provincial and local), non-government organizations, academia and private sectors; and
- Maintain close coordination with provincial and local level government, other line agencies, stakeholders in livelihood specific planning, implementation, monitoring (joint) and sharing (reports).
Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Sensitivity:
- Ensure alignment of programmatic policy, processes and procedures as per the DCR Ambassadors strategy;
- Prioritize selection of consultant process with as per the DCR Ambassadors strategy;
- Respect the local community’s culture, diversity, norms and values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a Degree in Public Administration, Project Management, or other relevant Social Science or Art course, certificate in project management, social work and development, with significant relevant work experience in conflict-affected areas are additional advantages.
- 2 years of program management experience, preferably in insecure locations,
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in livelihood and food security
- Familiar with migration and reintegration programming
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in gender, advocacy, and women empowerment issues with additional understanding of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- Demonstrated experience working with international organizations and systems/regulations in gender programming and gender mainstreaming.
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable security environment.
- Experience in grant management and proposal writing is preferred
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact with diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting datelines.
- Computer skills particularly, experience with MS office suites strongly preferred.
- Languages: Fluency in English (spoken and written), Hausa, and Kanuri
- Skills, knowledge and understanding on forest policy, environment policy, climate change policy, agriculture policy, agroforestry policy, water resources policy, and other sect oral policies and harmonized them in line with integrated planning and implementation;
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in working on policy advocacy, and strong ability to work with local governments, communities, groups, indigenous people;
- Experience in project management, with ability to keep track, deal effectively with problems and fulfil reporting requirement in timely manner;
- Promotes sharing of knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continued learning and development on personal level as well as for supervisees;
- Good practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues;
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, propose new approaches which expand the range of projects;
- Strong inter-personal skills, communication, networking, and team building skills; competent in leading teams and creating team spirit, management of inter-group dynamics and conflicting interests of various actors, stimulating team members to produce quality outputs in a timely and transparent manner;
- Strong knowledge / experience in resultsbased management and resultsoriented approach to project delivery;
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, numerical and analytical skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills and excellent written communication skills;
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high-ranking members of government and stakeholders;
- Results driven, ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines; remains calm and in control under pressure;
- Has experience working with Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Experienced in delivering training and other needed capacity/ institutional building support to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating DCR Ambassadors mandate;
- Analyse and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders;
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical speciality relating to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Effectively networks with partners seizing opportunities to build strategic alliances relevant to DCR Ambassadors mandate and strategic agenda;
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work; and
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation.
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2022.