- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Under the overall guidance of the Head of Sub Office, the general supervision of the DTM Coordinator, the technical supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Maiduguri & the direct supervision of the Program Officer (DTM – TTT) in Katsina, the successful candidate will be accountable & responsible for the implementation, oversight & coordination of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM – TTT) operational activities. S / he will coordinate, in close collaboration with the partners on the field, the data collection process & analysis in the region(s) s / he has been assigned to.
- Support the project’s steering committee by coordinating & facilitating meetings to promote a 2 way policy engagement in Katsina & Kaduna on the livestock transformation plan between the federal, state, local govt. area & community levels, building mutual trust & sustainability in the long term.
- In coordination with the DTM Project Coordinator, coordinate with DTM – TTT field partners to ensure close communication & the 2 way exchange of the outcomes of the various meetings at the state & local levels as well as the dialogues & communications with communities throughout the implementation of the project.
- Liaise with state institutions, international & non governmental organizations & other relevant partners on the ground to identify best practices & lessons learned that could be applied to implementing the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP). This can also imply desk reviews, including sources of information such as the TTT situation reports, early warning bulletins, policy briefs & outcomes of the various meetings & dialogues produced at the field level.
- Liaise with the working group & coordination group of the NLTP & inform all relevant govt. officials in the state (Katsina & Kaduna) & local govt. area, ensuring timely communication of relevant data collected at the field level (including early warning & conflict trends assessments at the local & state level) & potential effects of the NLTP for the communities as well as perceptions, concerns & expectations of the latter.
- Coordinate & facilitate meetings with relevant state authorities & project partners on the project’s progress to inform the discussions at a high political level.
- In coordination with the DTM Project Coordinator, Mercy Corps & CDD, liaise with the forum on farmer & herder relations in Katsina & Kaduna to support the analysis of the implementation of the peacebuilding efforts, as well as support key partners with the production of policy briefs that integrate voices from the community. Such policy briefs will be communicated to the partners, steering committee & other working coordination groups.
- In coordination with the DTM Project Coordinator, Mercy Corps & CDD, liaise with the state’s farmer & herder associations in Katsina & Kaduna to support the analysis of transhumance patterns & trends & communicate such analysis to the relevant stakeholders.
- Report to the DTM Project Coordinator & Operations on the coordination progress daily, weekly & monthly.
- Undertake duty travel relating to liaison with counterparts, as required & / or represent the DTM – TTT in all meetings & events organized at the local level & keep DTM management in the loop.
- Promote effective partnership by collaborating with DTM – TTT partners in the field during data collection, including our clients staff, to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercise careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges, including the flexibility to be deployed or redeployed under short notice, where deemed necessary.
- Ensure respect, promote individual & cultural differences, encourage diversity by maintaining high ethical standards & act consistently with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- This role works under the overall guidance of the Head of Sub Office, the general supervision of the DTM Coordinator, the technical supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Maiduguri & the direct supervision of the Program Officer (DTM – TTT) in Katsina.
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Management, Development Studies, Planning, Business Administration, or a related relevant discipline, preferably with a specialization in Conflict Analysis, Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding & / or Negotiation from an accredited academic institution or University Degree in the above fields with 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field, experience in peacebuilding & conflict resolution, reporting, liaising with govt. authorities advantageous, preferably within the international humanitarian area.
- Must be fluent in both English & Hausa.
- Locals of Katsina or Kaduna & / or local working experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in conflict prevention / conflict mitigation & peacebuilding issues.
- Thorough understanding of the farmer herder conflict in the context of the middle belt in Nigeria & the rest of the lake Chad basin region.
- Expertise in dialogue facilitation & negotiation, especially in the specific area of intervention.
- Strong communication skills & ability to liaise with various stakeholders, especially govt. officials.
- Experience working with relevant govt. & governmental & non governmental institutions supporting conflict prevention / mitigation & early warning.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality, methodologically sound, analytical papers in English.
- Be willing to undertake in country travel related to the assignment, especially Kaduna.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools is an advantage.
- Requires the technical skills to use design software programs mentioned above & possesses a general interest & aptitude for learning new technology.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, including experience presenting to multiple audiences (e.g., technical & non technical, govt. circle).
- Inter personal skills & amiable disposition stemming from proven experience.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Internals of the organization & NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered 1st tier candidates.
- This vacancy is also open to 2nd tier candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for work, accreditation, residency or visa requirements & security clearances.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Contract duration – 6 months with possibility of extension.