Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Support and Liaison, the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant, and in coordination with the Financial Inclusion and Entrepreneurship Focal Point, the incumbent will be assisting in the implementation of projects related to Private Sector Engagement within the Migration and Development (M&D) unit.
In particular,the incumbent will support the implementation of the following projects:
- Y-MED – A circular migration project that aims to offer young people from the Mediterranean the opportunity to carry out internships at Italian companies in order to enhance their professional growth and their job placement in their countries of origin.
- E-MERGE – The project aims at supporting multicultural enterprises with a social impact based in Italy and at boosting their multicultural and transnational features as part of their identity.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the organization and implementation of Y-MED and EMERGE project activities, including logistic and procurement aspects;
- Support the organization of events, trainings and workshops with relation to logistics, admin and procurement;
- Support information sharing among interns and firms involved in the Y-MED project;
- Contribute to maintain regular communication with partners and stakeholders;
- Support the regular collection of data and information as per projects M&E plans, in coordination with the M&E Focal Point;
- Assist in the elaboration and dissemination of information and communication materials;
- Provide clerical support for the revision of M&D publications in line with IOM standards;
- Provide clerical support to the M&D Unit for the fulfilment of administrative and procurement procedures and tasks in line with IOM rules, regulations and standards;
- Travel on duty as may be required;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution in business management, political sciences, international relations, social sciences, development cooperation or related fields if combined with relevant experience.
- At least one year (or three years for candidates with high school diploma) of professional experience in at least one of the following thematic areas related to migration: migrants’ entrepreneurship, human mobility, skilled mobility, skills transfer, diaspora engagement, remittances mobilization
- Experience in project implementation support
- Professional experience in the logistic organization of trainings and events
- Professional experience in writing documents (e.g. reports, meetings minutes, project factsheet), and in keeping correspondence with project stakeholders in English
- Professional experience in logistics related to mobility schemes would be an advantage
- Professional experience in non-OECD countries would be an advantage
- Professional experience with IOM would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Organizational skills
- Writing skills
- Knowledge of IOM financial and admin rules and regulations would be an advantage
- Italian: Mother tongue/Excellent (at least C2)
- English: excellent (at least C1)
- French: working knowledge (at least B2)
- Working knowledge of Arabic would be considered as an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Italy will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply
The reference code VN 2022 24 Junior Project Assistant must be clearly indicated in the e-mail subject otherwise the application will not be correctly routed.
Candidates who do not possess the above requested qualifications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, soon after the closing of the Vacancy.