Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Coordinator – Investment Promotion (Donor Funded Programme)
Job no: 499829
Employment Type: National Position
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Agriculture and Food Security, Economic Growth, Energy, Environment, Infrastructure, Land rights, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, Water, Project Management Consulting
- We are delivering the FCDO-funded LINKS – Catalysing Economic Growth in Northern Nigeria programme, which supports the development of a vibrant and diversified economy in key northern Nigerian states. The programme began in September 2019 and has a duration of 7 years.
- The front-line components of LINKS activity are on (1) Investment promotion and facilitation and (2) Green Growth, including climate smart agriculture, with a strong cross-cutting focus on gender and social inclusion (GESI) and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL).
- Ultimately, the programme focuses on increasing incomes and creating jobs for the poor in Northern Nigeria. LINKS works across high potential pro-poor value chains, supporting them to become productive, competitive, and attractive for investment, and then encouraging actual investment into them.
- To date LINKS has increased incomes of over 45,000 people, created over 2000 jobs, piloted a number of innovative and climate smart agricultural initiatives, looking at production of reduced methane emissions rice, development of a regenerative agriculture platform and carbon project, and testing alternative fibre crops to cotton.
- It has also facilitated over £16million of investment into private sector opportunities in the North and provided technical support to investment promotion agencies across the KKJ.
The Investment Coordinator will be required to:
- Work with the Investment Team Lead, Financial Flows and Investment Facilitation and Promotion Team in the design and implementation of financial flows and investment activities
- Contribute to the development of quarterly and annual work plans.
- Contribute to component delivery of investment facilitation and promotion activities, and reporting
- Support IPAs to develop a Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) framework and provide BRE services
- Facilitate training for IP staff to better deliver BRE services and on Access to Finance
- Support the development of a peer learning platform for IPA’s
- Coordinate the implementation of all Investment and Green Growth and Climate smart agriculture activities, working with short term consultants and other LINKS team members as required.
- Ensure all investment activities are results oriented, gender mainstreamed and climate specific.
- Contribute to the development of the investment component pipeline deals
- Identify, engage, and coordinate regularly with companies and financiers within the investment team portfolio to facilitate closure of deals
- Facilitate delivery of outputs for consultants
- Submit other reports that may be requested by the Investment Team Management
- Adhere to Tetra Tech International Policies and Procedures and ensure the remaining staff does so as well.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related field
- Preferred – master’s degree
- 5 years’ experience in investment promotion and or business development service
- Knowledge of Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs) in Northern Nigeria and their roles and responsibilities
- Experience engaging and coordinating with state government agencies
- Good networks with relevant state government agencies and northern businesses
- Good knowledge of the business environment in Northern Nigeria, especially Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa
- knowledge of development programming is a plus
- Strong understanding of what BRE is and practical experience in delivery of BRE
- Outgoing, self-starter
- Networking skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- The position is based in Kano, with frequent travel to Abuja, Lagos, Kano, and Kaduna, potentially Nassarawa and Bauchi. Some out of hours work might be required.
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2022 (23:55) Central Africa Standard Time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and covering letter is required and these must be combined into a single document for upload.
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Women and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.