We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Location Lagos
The TAAP/DQAQC project is in need of an NYSC corp member preferably from the in-coming Batch C scheme to support with research, data collection, client communication, logistics and administrative backstopping, as well as day-to-day support. This would be an in-person full time internship lasting position for the entire service year.
The one-year Technical Assistance Accelerator Program (TAAP) investment will lay the foundation for a potential five-year Technical Assistance Accelerator (TAA) program main grant to increase relevant and sustained large-scale coverage of fortified foods. Under the initial TAAP, TechnoServe will develop, implement, and refine the model for the larger TAA program: establishing a PPP platform; building and managing relationships with private sector partners; and developing scalable tools and program elements. It will also serve as an opportunity to explore industry-owned innovations in the enabling environment for food fortification that harness digitalization.
The vision for the TAA, is a public-private partnership (PPP) with Fortification Partners providing technical assistance (TA) and high-quality inputs to over 100 national food processors per year in 8 countries, helping to close gaps in their motivation and ability to comply with national fortification regulations. The TAA will set up a platform to link these Fortification Partners with specific local food processors, matching Fortification Partners’ technical expertise and strategic interests with the identified capability gaps of the TA recipients. The TAAP will focus on 6 countries namely, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, of which India, Kenya and Nigeria will serve as operational nodes.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support product quality assessment exercise conducted periodically to determine project impact.
- Arrange meeting rooms, drafts, and disseminates meeting agendas, prepares briefing notes and where necessary takes meeting minutes which may include preparing and disseminating materials as instructed.
- Assist in preparing information and research materials; create input information, data, and records for project purposes.
- Support communication and coordination of the Micronutrient Fortification index yearly activities involving food producer interphase, leading to the annual index awards and ceremony.
- Manage databases and input information, data, and records
- Research and gather documentation on industry landscape
- Set up, break down, organize, and maintain conference rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms, update company calendars
- Attend company functions and networking events
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
- Update and post supervised social media and website content; respond to web correspondence, social media posts, and emails
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute in science or relevant social science related field.
- Ability to develop well written and cohesive reports
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to approach work with energy and a positive constructive attitude.
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking, working with clear communication.
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Passionate about knowledge learning and sharing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to TechnoServe on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply