External Independent Final Evaluation of the project
““Strengthening National Capacities in Applying International Standards to Improve Labour Migration Management in the MENA Region”
Commissioned by IOM Egypt Country Office
1. Evaluation context
Consultancy to conduct a post-evaluation for the “Strengthening National Capacities in Applying International Standards to Improve Labour Migration Management in the MENA Region” project, which took place in Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia.
2. Evaluation purpose
The purpose of this evaluation is to assess the relevance and coherence of the project for the stakeholders and beneficiaries, the effectiveness and efficiency of project management and implementation, the expected impact, how well cross-cutting themes of human rights and gender were mainstreamed in the project, and how sustainable the desired effects were or could be in all three targeted countries. The overall objective of the project was to “contribute to the development and implementation of labour migration/human mobility policies that meet international standards in Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia”. To achieve this objective, the project aimed at supporting each government to address the need for advanced labour migration management systems as countries of origin.
Thus, the implemented activities targeted enhancing knowledge of the respective national authorities on international best practices on managing labour migration/mobility, including the protection of Egyptian migrant workers and facilitation of their ethical recruitment, in accordance with international human rights standards.
3. Evaluation scope
The consultant will be responsible for evaluating all project objectives, outcomes, outputs, and activities from project activation on 1 November 2017 until the project’s completion on 31 December 2020. The geographic scope of the evaluation will include Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia.
4. Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
a) A draft evaluation report utilizing Annex 6.8 of the IOM project Handbook (Second Edition): Template for a Final Evaluation Report (page 476).
b) A final report (in the same format above incorporating feedback and comments from RTS, IOM in country staff and any other comments.
c) An Evaluation Brief and Draft Management Response (templates provided by IOM): the evaluation is also expected to submit a two-pager evaluation brief and management response in English. The brief should provide a succinct summary of the evaluation, the key findings, lessons learned, and recommendations.
5. Evaluation deliverables
The deliverables expected from the Evaluator include the following:
A) Draft evaluation report
7 days from contract signature
B) Final report
20 working days from contract signature
C) Evaluation Brief and Draft Management Response
30 days from contract signature
6. Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost):
Successful and timely delivery of quality documents as indicated under Section 6 which are endorsed by IOM.
7. Required Qualifications and Experience
The evaluation consultant is expected to have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
– Minimum Master’s degree or equivalent in social research and/or evaluation methods Monitoring and Evaluation Methods, Public Policy, Development Studies, International Relations, or related field of studies.
– At least 5 years of progressive experience in undertaking and managing evaluations of projects/programmes/initiatives.
– Demonstrable experience and familiarity of migration dynamics in North Africa.
– Good track records in conducting evaluations and technical and analytical report writing.
8. Required Competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
How to apply
9. Other Information:
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female candidates with the above qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
10 . Application procedure/ How to Apply:
The interested candidates are expected to submit:
- A one-page cover letter expressing motivation for applying.
- A detailed resume/CV.
- Recent evaluation report example.
- Technical and financial proposal with all-inclusive itemized budget. the proposal must provide details on the methodology and approach to the assignment.
The proposal must provide details on the methodology and approach to the assignment. Duly completed proposal should be submitted to IOM no later than the 21 December 2022 by midnight Cairo time to https://egypt.iom.int/careers
. Late submissions will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications with missing documents will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
11. Posting period:
From 07.12.2022 – 21.12.2022