Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) – The Incorporated Trustees of Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (here in after referred to as “Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)”) a local not-for-profit, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). One of WEWE’s core ideologies is to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa. We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Internal Audit Officer will assist to contribute in the improvement of WEWE control processes, risk management, and governance.
- Assist to carry out pre and post-review of all financial expenditures.
- The Internal Audit Officer will assist to review CBO’s monthly certified expenditure reports.
- Assist to carry out internal control self-assessment on CBOs.
- Assist to perform monthly reviews and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statements.
- Assist to ensure WEWE and donor’s assets are safeguarded.
- Assist to ensure that inventory record is up-to-date, complete, and accurate
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and timely reporting to the appropriate authority with improvement recommendations.
- Assist in the timely investigation of all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Assist to prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document process
- Assist to document the process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Assist to conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Assist to engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Assist in periodically carrying out Fraud Awareness and Preventing training for staff
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a Second Class Upper / Upper Credit
- Must be a full member of ICAN or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years experience in an audit firm managing similar responsibilities
- Must have experience in participating in statutory or audits of local NGOs like WEWE
- Must be very strong in report writing – i.e., evidence that they have led audit assignments and have been the ones writing the final audit report for their audit firm.
- Must have experience writing quarterly audit reports to the board
- Be proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and quick books accounting software.
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements, and managing donor relations.
- Knowledge of carrying out audits of US CDC funding or USAID funding is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter inonlyone attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
- While WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which promotes diversity and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability.
- WEWE’s organizational culture promotes the principles of safeguarding and high moral values. WEWE’s Safeguarding Policy 2022 promotes an environment where no staff, associates, volunteers, case workers, consultants, board members, and partners engage in a sexual relationship, harass, or exploit anyone under the age of 18 or vulnerable adult, especially our beneficiaries.
- WEWE’s organizational culture also has zero tolerance for corrupt practices. Therefore, for any of our job vacancies, we advise that applicants do not offer or accept any request for money, favors, or gifts from anyone to facilitate an employment opportunity with WEWE. Applicants found engaging in such practices could jeopardize their chances of being selected. If anyone contacts, you with such an offer please report this immediately to WEWE management on this WhatsApp line 09037811024.