The IOM Country Office for Belgium & Luxembourg is implementing projects covering a broad range of thematic areas, including migration and development, labour migration, integration, counter-trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrant groups and unaccompanied migrant children. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) at the IOM Country Office for Belgium and Luxembourg and in close coordination with relevant Heads of Unit (HoU), the successful candidate will assist in the daily handling of information and communication activities.
- Assist in managing and updating the CO website;
- Assist in compiling the CO biannual newsletter and year report;
- Assist in organising meetings, conferences and events for all different units;
- Assist in drafting and translating reports;
- Assist with media requests;
- Assist in drafting and analysing social media posts (Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn);
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading texts for different communication channels;
- Assist in updating the IOM Belux Spotify account;
- Assist in developing new information materials issued by the IOM Brussels CO, including newsletters, podcasts and video content;
- Update relevant CO contact databases;
- Assist in translating IOM Brussels CO key documents from English to French and/or from English to Dutch;
- Attend Regional Office communication trainings/webinars and report back to Communication focal points when required;
- Liaise with Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners on Info-Comm. related matters;
- Any other tasks that may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (Bachelor and/or Master) in Communication, Social Science, International Relations, Languages or Political Science, or other fields of study from an accredited academic institution.
- First working experience, internship or volunteering experience related to communication would be highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of information and communication tools such as email automation software (Mailchimp), Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro);
- Excellent writing and drafting skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Familiarity with design and/or editing tools is an advantage.
Fluency in English and French/Dutch is required.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
**The intern is expected to apply and obtain a scholarship to cover his/her costs of living during the internship.**For instance, the Flanders Trainee Programme or the WBI traineeship programme can be considered.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 19 January 2023 23:59h (Brussels time) at the latest, referring to CFCV 2023-01 in the subject line and including the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Questionnaire on Mandatory Requirements (page 4)
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. IOM reserves the right to contact shortlisted candidates only.