Under the overall supervision of the Director, Coordinating Office for the Mediterranean and Chief
of Mission in Italy and Malta and Representative to the Holy See, the direct supervision of the
Project Manager, and in close coordination with the Child Protection Expert and the Project Assistant, the intern will provide support to the Facilitated Migration and Vulnerable Groups Unit and in particular to the project “Activities supporting integrated interventions in favour of unaccompanied migrant children in Italy”, in accordance with the IOM policy and procedures.
The selected candidate will support the implementation of the Family Tracing and Assessment Project aimed at carrying out family assessment interviews with the families of unaccompanied migrant children (UMC) hosted in Italy, as per agreement signed by IOM with the Italian Ministry of Labour and Social Policies.
- Assist with the preparation of UMC’s profiles for the scope of family tracing and assessment activities, and in preparing communication and awareness raising material concerning the project’s components;
- Attend internal meetings related to IOM’s Facilitated Migration and Vulnerable Groups Unit activities;
- Provide assistance in the organization of meetings, trainings and events;
- Assist in the timely elaboration of minutes following internal and external meetings;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Training Components and Learning Elements:
- The successful candidate will gain experience in working in an international multicultural environment, within the United Nations system.
- Gain experience in organization, management and international cooperation activities, particularly in the field of Facilitated Migration and Vulnerable Groups.
- Become acquainted with the work of Family Tracing and Assessment project, especially as regards the information and awareness raising components.
- Gain a better understanding of IOM’s work, as an inter-governmental organization in the field of Migration with actors such as the European Union, Governments and other partners to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration.
- The candidate can also access online training courses at the disposal of all IOM staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent) in one of the following field: Political Science, Social Sciences, Multimedia and Visual Communication, International Relation, International Development Cooperation;
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in one of the following field: Political Science, Social Sciences, Multimedia and Visual Communication, International Relation, International Development Cooperation;
- Have graduated with one of the above university degrees and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following fields is desirable: trainings or events organization, project implementation support (including communication), project development, international cooperation, institutional capacity building.
- Knowledge of digital communication tools (especially as regards the preparation of trainings and/or awareness raising materials through short videos, power point presentations etc.) and digital platforms for online events and trainings organization would be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Mediterranean context and dynamics (especially as regards migration flows of unaccompanied migrant children towards Europe) would be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Italian and English is mandatory (please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement). Fluency in French and Spanish is an asset.
The internship is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Italy will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the intern in relation to this call is subject to funding confirmation.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English via e-mail at [email protected].
The reference code CFCV 2022 33 Intern (Facilitated Migration and Vulnerable Groups) must be clearly indicated in the e-mail subject otherwise the application will not be correctly routed.
Candidates who do not possess the above requested, mandatory qualifications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, soon after the closing of the Vacancy.
Posting period: From 01.12.2022 to 15.12.2022.