The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) seeks to recruit an Intern to support the implementation of IFES’ project activities to the Independent National Electoral
Commission (INEC) towards the 2023 General Election in Nigeria. Based in Abuja- Nigeria, this position may require travel. The Internship would be for a duration of September 2022- April 2023.
Primary Function / Purpose
The Intern will provide programmatic, administrative and logistics support to the IFES-Nigeria field office.
- Take notes in training, conferences, workshops, and meetings
- Assist in drafting IFES programs, finance and administrative reports.
- Attend and report back to the team on selected internal meetings and external events.
- Provide support to the program, finance and administrative departments at IFES Nigeria.
- Assist in scheduling meetings with partners and other stakeholders
- Assist in planning and implementation of IFES Nigeria activities.
- Assist in identifying and documenting opportunities within the program for lesson learning and sharing.
- Maintain detailed records of IFES’ database and cabinet.
- Proper tracking and documentation of political and election-related activities in the
- Support IFES Nigeria desk review, research and analysis process.
- Contribute to drafting IFES FAQs, Activity calendar, one-pagers.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field required.
- Experience & Skills:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Working level proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in social media platforms.
Proficiency in English.
Travel may be required.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed written application, current resume, copies of certificates and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 7days from the date of the publication/advert.