Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional Capacity Manager, Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE)
Job ID: req15204
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension for additional 1.5 years
Project Overview and Role
- SCALE is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners.
- The objective of the SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management, and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery.
- SCALE supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities.
- The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
- The SCALE project requires the skills of a highly driven and experienced organizational development professional to work with the project’s Organizational Development Advisor to design and implement interventions that strengthen the financial, management, and leadership capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria.
- The position will contribute to organizational capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability through assessing, intervening, and evaluating SCALE partners’ organizational capacity and performance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide input and offer innovative approaches to activity design and implementation, with a focus on individual and institutional capacity for improved performance and sustainability.
- Facilitate organizational capacity assessments for partner organizations and target CSOs using tools such as the Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA), Organizational Performance Index (OPI), and the Non-U.S. Organization Pre-award Survey (NUPAS).
- Lead and monitor the development of organizational capacity and performance improvement plans of Support SCALE partners and target CSOs.
- Review policies, manuals, and SOPs of project partners to ensure standard and alignment with best practices. The policies include resource mobilization and strategic plan, Board of Trustee manuals, and human resource manuals. succession plans, and other policies of the CSOs and BMOs, as necessary,
- Support development, adaptation, and implementation of effective, innovative capacity-strengthening approaches, tools, and methodologies for SCALE and its partners.
- Provide target institutional strengthening training and post-training coaching and mentoring support to target CSOs and BMOs.
- Support planning and hosting of SCALE project events such as the OD summit and the Annual Learning Summit.
- Lead efforts to share achievements and learning from the implementation of SCALE institutional strengthening interventions
- Work closely with key partners to create networks and communities of practice for knowledge management and knowledge-sharing.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual reports, and other reports as requested.
- Draft success stories that reflect project achievements.
- Monitor progress and identify risks for timely action and early resolution.
- Collect and analyze data and results and evaluate progress in support of the project’s Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) plan.
- Work collaboratively with other SCALE teams in the delivery of SCALE goals, objectives, and results.
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics, Public Administration, Development Studies, or related fields.
- Strong technical expertise in program management, design, and implementation of institutional strengthening (NUPAS, OCA, OPI) tools and plans.
- Relevant experience in training, coaching and mentoring in finance, procurement, sub-granting, strategic planning, capacity development of local organizations, civil society engagement; and policy reform in Nigeria.
- Strong organizational and strategic thinking skills; attention to detail; flexible and able to work efficiently with multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively.
- Good team player and prepared to contribute to the overall success of SCALE goals and objectives.
- Learning skills including conceptual thinking, analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to connect with people and continuously expand networks to other knowledgeable persons
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We cannot offer sponsorship for this position. To be considered for this role, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently.
- Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered.
- This position will be based in our Abuja office only. Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.