Position Title: Information Management Officer
Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 01 August 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates worldwide with the target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousands of refugees each year. IOM’s multi-disciplinary staff members provide a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation, and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight, and guidance to IOM’s global support for all resettlement programs.
In conjunction with the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between IOM and the Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), the position will primarily be responsible for assisting with monitoring and maintaining the compliance with all requirements illustrated in the MOU with special attention to the analysis of background checks received from the vendor for all IOM staff working in or engaged with the USRAP.
The Resettlement Support Center (RSC) for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) implemented a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to support the streamlined business processes of the Communication and Program Access teams. CRM acts as the centralized system which hosts all stakeholder’s communication records from different communication channels.
Under the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer and RSC MENA Deputy Program Manager as second manager; and, under the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of CRM platform and system processes. Specifically, the candidate is expected to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Coordinate user requirements definition and undertake business process reviews for the design, coding, and deployment of Microsoft Dynamics or other .NET applications with SQL Server, following existing standards.
- Determine operational feasibility of new software requirements and implement solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming.
- Facilitate the design, coding and testing of Microsoft Dynamics 365 application modules or related applications according to the technical specification
- Support the development of test scenarios/scripts and test execution ensuring the application architecture meets agreed quality standards
- Support the development and implementation of software development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on establishing source control, continuous integration, deployment, and issue tracking using IOM standard tools.
- Comply with donor requirements and IOM ICT Standards, policies, and procedures to make sure that all developed products are in line with the IM frameworks. Provide the documentation and requirements for approval of the ICT Technical Architecture team and ICT security team on the designed products.
- Facilitate application training to end-users to ensure productive use of existing and new applications and systems.
- Continuous learning of the technology related to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and another related subjects.
- Regularly report needs and progress on issues in his/her area of responsibility.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Deputy Project Manager, RSC MENA of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Support the overall development of RSC MENA by suggesting potential improvements to processing activities.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Sound experience with software development, specifically around Microsoft Dynamics CRM;
- A minimum of four years of increasing responsibilities in .NET software development with SQLDatabases and a minimum of three years of experience in developing web-based database applications and thin-client Web-based applications;
- Experience in SVN and/or GIT;
- Experience in software development using DevOps;
- Experience working with specialized international agencies (UN Agencies, International Organisations, and International NGOs) and in complex operations, including conflict and post-conflict situations preferred.
- Proficient with developing, deploying, customizing, and integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM;
- Demonstrated proficiency in installing and deploying CRM Organizations;
- Demonstrated proficiency in customizing and creating CRM entities;
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business workflows and processes;
- Demonstrated proficiency in using either the CRM SDK or plugin platforms;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C#;
- Solid technical knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2017 administration;
- Proficient in back, middle and front-end development;
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of XML documents, XSD schemas, XSLT to develop necessary schemas and maps to represent the flow of the messages through the solution;
- Possess a good understanding of relational database concept;
- Possess a good understanding of SOAP/REST web services and their payload schema;
- Working knowledge on SharePoint and Power Platform.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 19.07.2022 to 01.08.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 225 Information Management Officer (P2) Amman, Jordan (57669959) Released
Posting: Posting NC57669960 (57669960) Released