Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Cofounded by Helen Keller and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health solutions to vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Independent Monitor
Reports to: State M&E Officer/M&E Specialist
Duration: Training – 2 days
Field Activities/Intervention: 5 days
- Under the supervision of the M&E Specialist, the Independent Monitor assists with monitoring and supervision of MNCHW in assigned LGAs/state and administering standard questionnaires using a programmed smartphone and submit a comprehensive report of activities and intervention at the end of the exercise.
- Participate in supervising MNCHW intervention teams and monitoring of intervention in communities within assigned state.
- Participate in filling 20 health worker supervisory questionnaires daily for a 4-day period.
- Participate in interviewing 20 caregiver exit interview questionnaire daily for a 4-day period.
- Complete 1 picture / video / interview form on the 5th day of the intervention.
- Document lessons learned, successes / best practices challenge and proffer possible solutions.
- Produce and submit a detailed preliminary report of the MNCHW in assigned state.
- Return assigned Smart phones, chargers, power banks and ID Cards.
- Specifically, the consultant shall ensure that the various SMART Phone-based VADI.
Required Minimum Education / Experience / Skills
- Degree in Sciences, Public Health, Public Administration, Management or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year working experience in Nutrition program or carrying out data collection using smart phone.
- Willingness to travel within all parts of the state.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills and supportive supervision skills;
- Able to work under pressure, hard to reach areas and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially.
Application Closing Date
28th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.