Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Officer
- The HR and Admin Officer is responsible for the employee life cycle management of staff. He/she will work in close collaboration with the HR team ensuring compliance with CBI internal policies and international best practices and the deployment of HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations.
- Ensure that HR databases and follow-up tools are updated on a regular base, including but not limited to Payroll, Leaves Follow-up, Recruitment follow up and Organizational Chart
- Follow up of administrative documents and track personnel files deadlines (probation period, appraisals, contracts, amendments, ID cards etc…)
- Follow up of attendance, days off and leaves
- Ensure fulfilment of salaries’ process (salary advances, pay slips signatures…)
- Ensure the preparation of contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and the awareness of the employees of contract terms and conditions, internal HR policy and CBI other policies
- Ensure the proper filing of all recruitment files
- When requested, s/he will support other bases in all recruitment processes and ensure they are in compliance with the CBI’s recruitment procedure.
- Publish and remove job adverts.
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department.
- Respond to employees’ questions about benefits.
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Providing counseling on policies and procedures
- Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting adverts and managing the hiring process
- Develop training and development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her line manager may judge necessary.
- B.Sc in Human Resources Management or relevant field
- Work experience as an HR & Admin Officer, HR Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation
- Experience using spreadsheets
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
- CBI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity as such
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.