JAMB CAPS is now the most talked word among JAMB Candidates who applied for admission into tertiary institutions especially this period when most tertiary institutions have started selling admission forms while some may have started releasing admission lists.
- What is Jamb caps all about?
- Has Jamb started giving admission on caps?
- How do I accept admission on Jamb caps?
- How do I reject admission On Jamb caps?
What is JAMB CAPS Portal?
Before we dive into the use of the JAMB CAPS properly, let’s do a little bit of an introduction to what JAMB Caps is all about. JAMB CAPS is an acronym representing the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System.
As the name implies, this is a system where all admission processing will be handled by the management while the CAPS Portal is the environment housing the features of the JAMB Central Admission processing.
Uses of JAMB CAPS
- To Check Admission Status
- To Accept Admission
- To Reject Admission
- Other Admission Handling Features
- How can I check JAMB Admission Status on JAMB Caps Portal?
- How can I Check JAMB Caps Portal to see if I have been offered admission?
- How can one Check Admission Status on JAMB Caps?
HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB CAPS PORTAL
2. Login with the credentials( email and password) you created your jamb account with.
3. After successfully logging in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dashes) at the top of the page.
4. You’ll see CAPS under the tag ‘Admissions. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
5. If the page only shows ‘welcome’, do not be discouraged. Just click on options on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view’. This is why it’s preferable to use a PC.
6. You’ll see some options listed on the left-hand side. Click on ‘Admission Status‘.
7. It’ll then bring your details.
If you’ve been admitted, you can either ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’.
JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS MESSAGES
Below are the messages you will likely receive when you check your admission status using the JAMB caps and what you need to do concerning that.
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER
OTHER IMPORTANT MESSAGES
- You are not advised to use the CAPS portal until your school of choice has released the admission list.
- Once you click the accept admission button, it will not be reversed as you have accepted it.
- If your admission status or other details is blank or shows “-“, don’t worry. Jamb is still uploading the details, so just keep checking.