The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, HR Policies & Development
- The Head, HR Policies & Development is responsible for the development of leading edge HR and organizational development strategies that enable, and facilitate the achievement of required organizational objectives.
- The incumbent contributes to the development of HR solutions, and advises and supports stakeholders regarding HR-related matters, in line with existing HR strategy and policies.
- The Head, HR Policies & Development oversees the organization’s workforce planning efforts, succession-planning, job descriptions, Rules & Procedures as well as identifies, designs and delivers learning and development interventions to meet the needs of the OPEC Fund employees and ensure that all staff have the skills and competencies to deliver on their roles effectively and efficiently. This role also oversees HR Analytics, employee engagement activities and HR related project management and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the HR Director in the development and implementation of the overall HR strategy
- Proactively identifies and addresses HR challenges and opportunities, and designs and delivers high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Initiates, participates and proposes changes, as necessary, to the policies and procedures of all human resource related processes
- Oversees the organization’s workforce planning efforts
- Provides expert input and advice across a range of HR Policies & Development issues
- Leading, coaching and motivating the HR Policies & Development team to ensure high staff engagement and performance
- Assists in the development of strategies to facilitate organizational and behavioral change
- Oversees the Succession-Planning initiatives of the organization and is the Secretary of the Succession-Planning Committee
- Focal point for the revision of the HR Rules & Procedures and HR Policies Framework.
Learning & Development:
- Works with management in the development of high-quality solutions, action plans, and appropriate metrics, which may include developing effective skills and competency structures, and systems in support of business goals and talent requirements
- In coordination with heads of department, assesses the learning and development needs of the organization through a Training Needs Analysis and develops appropriate avenues to help the organization meet those needs
- Designs and implements leadership, management development and talent management strategies to ensure effective succession planning
- Develops a Learning & Development strategy and accompanying policies that realize the full potential of employees and meets the OPEC Fund business and strategic objectives
- Develops the employee onboarding initiatives of the institution.
- Prepares and provides HR related data to management to be used for strategic decision-making
- Performs needs assessment, analysis, and consultation on organizational issues; makes recommendations on organizational design and development.
- Manages, develops, revises ad-hoc HR projects within the unit to ensure consistency and harmony with the HR strategy i.e. HR Policies Framework etc.
- Represents the HR Unit in high-level HR conferences and Management meetings, as needed
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the HR Director
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Human Resource Management or respective studies.
- 10 years relevant professional experience (institutional, management and human resource processes)
- Experience from an international development institution is preferable (at least 5 years)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Able to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused manner setting clear priorities.
- Excellent ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Process and project management skills.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online