Job Title: Government Partnerships Officer
Vacancy Number: 166981
Contract type: Regular Consultant II
Duration: 11 Months
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
The GPO will work under the direct supervision of RBB Regional Partnerships Officer/Head of Government Partnerships and under the overall guidance of RBB Deputy Regional Director. Content and methodology of the supervision would include assignments of tasks, establishment of work plans, guidance and coaching on implementation of work, regular assessment of work and provision of feedback.
As a critical member of the RBB Partnerships Unit, the GPO will support RBB Country Offices to maximize resources and to maintain and strengthen government partnerships in the region. Specifically, the GPO will provide support and advice to the Country Offices ranging from forecast management to funding proposal writing and relationship building with current and future donors.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The responsibilities of the Government Partnerships Officer shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Proactively support a wide range of aspects of a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling, data/trends analysis and outreach plan, to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Ensure partner visibility and that partner conditions are met.
- Maintain an overview of forecasts and resource situation of the RBB region, in close collaboration with RBB Budget and Programming Unit.
- Gather and share partner intelligence, using key information systems (e.g. WINGS, Salesforce, WFPGo), and asses results.
- Support RBB COs on partnership strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Extend support on partnership/contribution management, in line with corporate norms, processes and legal agreements, on quality proposal and report writing by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Review the probability and reliability of forecasts inserted in Salesforce by the Country Offices, and comment in the RB review section as necessary.
- Sensitize Country Offices on the use of corporate platforms such as Salesforce and the Factory.
- Use socio-political insights to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda.
- Maintain and update the RBB Partnerships Officers mailing list and the contacts list to ensure effective communication with the Country Offices.
- Participate in biweekly/monthly calls with the Country Offices and act as the coordinator for bi-monthly calls with RBB Partnerships Officers hosted by RBB Government Partnerships.
- Respond to queries from the Country Offices which includes the sharing of Country Offices’ documentation (MOU, contracts, funding proposals) from previous years, as well as obtaining other relevant grant information from the system.
- Attend donor meetings and workshops as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree, preferably advanced, in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, international affairs, business administration, social sciences, development studies or a field relevant to international development/humanitarian assistance.
- Written and oral proficiency in English is required; knowledge of a second UN language is desirable.
- Desirable six years of relevant professional work experience. Working experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Good analytical skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communications
How to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS Monday 20 June 2022 23:59 Bangkok Time
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers below. website https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=166981&company=C0000168410P
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships).
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.