We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Mainstreaming Officer (Short Term Hire)
Job Code: CQIM005
Grant duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices.
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- This position will facilitate gender mainstreaming activities in existing HIV prevention, care and treatment program implementation.
- The incumbent will also design and deliver realistic and pragmatic gender strategies and programming interventions that will lead to positive gender equality outcomes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to health facilities to ensure provision of post gender-based violence care in line with the CDC minimum package
- Provide support to community-based organizations’- including development of discussion guides on gender norms, organizational capacity assessment and improvement to deliver gender responsive services
- Facilitate gender integration and gender based violence trainings Assist the development of tools, frameworks and resources to enable better gender integration in the project.
- Collate and review communication materials that highlight the the organization’s gender programming, successes, best practices and lessons learned
- Assist with the development of guidelines and tools for the attainment of program goals
- Track the implementation of semi-annual/ annual work plans and progress reports
- Assist with the conduct of program gender analysis, and the development of strategies to address various need identified
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications And Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or relevant field
- At least 5 years’ post NYSC work experience including at least 3 years implementing gender-based interventions in a similar setting
- Experience in implementing gender services in the context of HIV and knowledge of WHO/ CDC minimum package of services for gender-based violence survivors Demonstrated ability to ensure gender integration in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Evidence of capacity to support implementation of gender norms re-orientation and links with HIV/ AIDS
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, writing and oral communication and facilitation skills
- Team playing qualities/experience
- Sensitivity to cultures and social systems, and genuine interest in capacity building responses to development issues.
- Training and facilitation skills
- Ability to navigate culturally sensitive terrain and maintain
- constructive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME (e.g. Gender Mainstreaming Officer (Short Term Hire), Abuja, ADESUWA NWACHUKWU).
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the nextstage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are receive