EYN Projects respects and believes in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening staff’s skills, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
CONTRACT DURATION: 4 MONTHS
ORGANISATION: EKKLESIYAR ‘YANUWA A NIGERIA (EYN PROJECTS)
LOCATION: NGALA, BORNO STATE
EYN Projects is a community-based non-profit/non-governmental organization. We respect and believe in the infinite worth of every individual. We demonstrate this belief through our development and humanitarian services to affected communities, equal employment opportunities, building and strengthening the skills of our staff, and ensuring qualitative and effective service delivery. EYN Projects does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or religion in our recruitment exercise nor in our humanitarian and development work.
EYN Projects in partnership with Care International will be implementing COVID19-adapted life-saving assistance through integrated protection support to conflict-affected populations (newly displaced, returnees and host community) in Ngala LGA of Borno State, Northeast Nigeria
This project will provide response to GBV through women and girls safe spaces, and case management and income generation
GBV prevention activities will be conducted through the establishment of GBV vigilante committees, awareness raising and PSEA sessions
The Action will also support response to GBV by providing training to health and raising community awareness of post-rape care.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The GBV Officer will be responsible for the following, including those not listed but are extensions of those expressly stated:
- Oversee case management including follow up on referrals and action plans, and support services provided to GBV survivors, ensuring that the survivors receive the minimum package
- Work closely with the GBV Advisor, Senior GBV officer and other officers to Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures
- Maintain, monitor and measure GBV project implementation and contribute to effective information management on GBV survivors, adhering to the national guidance on case management of survivors and the SOPs
- Closely work with case workers, outreach workers etc to ensure that best practices are respected, and international standards are met in responding and preventing GBV
- Participate in capacity building initiatives for staff, partners, and other stakeholders to ensure quality and comprehensive delivery of project activities
- Develop plans and activities in line with the project.
- Facilitate the setting up and functional safe spaces for women and girls and supervise all safe space activities and community outreaches.
- Conduct monitoring of program activities and ensure standards are followed.
- Facilitate the formation of Adolescent girl’s groups through the engagement of care givers/parents and ensuring their inputs into the design of the AG is ensured.
- Oversee the case management of the program and supervise case workers to implement effectively
- Support staff to identify and link vulnerable girls to child protection actors and other service providers based on need to access support and care
- Overall management of field-based activities.
- Conduct monitoring to partner activities in their various locations in close coordination with the M&E officer as may requested by supervisor.
- Submit quality reports as scheduled including but not limited to weekly, monthly etc.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within EYN Projects and amongst beneficiaries served by EYN Projects
Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social sciences, public health, nursing required or any other related field from a certified tertiary institution.
- At least 3years of humanitarian experience in Protection (Gender-Based Violence)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering result: Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Accountability: Attended trainings on GBV and is aware of protection issue
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers Experience in GBVIMS and case management
- Flexible and willing to work and stay in rural communities especially field based
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Proven capacity for management and leadership
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa (fluency in Kanuri is an added advantage)
- Computer literacy
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A critical thinker with outstanding interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
For the application to be valid, EYN Projects only accepts applications with a cover letter. All applications should include a functional Email address, Mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
The application deadline is October 5th , 2022.
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.Interested and qualified? Go to Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN PROJECT) on forms.gle to apply