Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States and Federal Capital Territory (FCT-Abuja).
CBM International in collaboration with its implementing partners (GREENCODE) will implement the BMZ-Transitional Development Aid funded Project in Borno State, towards strengthening the resilience of vulnerable households in selected communities in Bama, Jere and Konduga LGA’s, with focus on three complementary and interlinked components in the areas of Food Security and Livelihood, WASH, Protection and Peaceful coexistence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL / WASH Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Lead and manage the team and its partners towards the efficient and effective delivery of agreed outputs, outcomes and impacts ensuring full donor satisfaction for the projects.
- Responsible for day-to-day implementation of all FSL/WASH activities including adherence to work plan, management of program staff, meeting program objectives, and monitoring program activities.
- Provide technical advice and overall supervision of contractors and vendors throughout the implementation of WASH/FSL activities, including registration of beneficiaries, distribution and monitoring.
- Ensure beneficiaries are tracked for various activities and appropriate documentation/ information on beneficiaries is collected and recorded.
- Participate in analyses of needs at the community level, assess resources available for addressing the needs of vulnerable households, and suggest innovative approaches for filling gaps in programming.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are adequately communicated about project activities and plans, including distribution date and conditions required for verification.
- Work towards the achievement of overall goals through effective supervision of WASH-related activities including the development of IEC materials, community awareness and advocacy, and follow-up meetings to ensure adherence to WASH requirements.
- Responsible for the interpretation of WASH bill of quantities and borehole designs.
- Ensure appropriate community inclusion of persons with disabilities and delivery of essential WASH/FSL services to beneficiaries.
- Ensure proper coordination with community and local authorities to influence positive acceptance of GREENCODE in project locations.
- Capacity building of field staff to ensure effective monitoring and quality of program deliverables.
- Submission of monthly report
- And perform any other task assigned.
- University Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience working in the same role or related role in the humanitarian or development sector in NGO or INNGO
- Experience in coaching, training, and facilitation
- Demonstrated track record of proposal writing and project implementation
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience with key donor-funded and grant principles.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and request for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: [email protected]and copy[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri or its environs and ready to travel to field locations.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Equal opportunities are given to all applicants.