Communal Conservation Friendly, Health and Social Development Support Initiative (COCOSOHDI) came into being in the year 2016 as a non-profit, non-aligned, and nongovernmental organization with the sole aim of creating awareness and helping communities in Northeast Nigeria recover from violent insurgency and improve their lives sustainably through locally-managed, peace, health, education and environmental programs. It’s an organization formed to inspire, organize and unite the people with interest in Community Development agenda hinging on the following thematic areas focusing Environment, Education, Health and peace building.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that the financial policies /procedures of the organization are implemented Efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices
- Manage the bank and treasury processes of the organization
- Follow up on prompt release of funds once approved.
- Ensure relevant books and records are maintained for COCOSOHDI’s financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statement for all banks.
- Ensure prompt preparation of monthly staff salaries
- Ensure the release of prepayment on approval and retirement of cash advances.
- Develop key financial processes including budgeting, management & financial Accounting/reporting
- Prepare monthly Budget vs Actuals
- Daily cost accounts
- Ensure timely submission of weekly/monthly management reports and analyses
- Liaise with banks and tax authorities with respect to bank matters and tax issues respectively.
- Any other duty assigned by your line manager.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Should have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Quickbooks accounting software.
- A professional accounting qualification will be advantageous
- In-depth cost accounting ability
- Must have excellent hands-on accounting experience
- Must exhibit good organizational and communication skills with excellent command of spoken and written English
- Must be a team player
- Experience working in the Development/Humanitarian sector is desirable.
Application Closing Date
23rd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.