Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) is a Non-governmental, Non-for profit humanitarian/Developmental organization which started in 2014. We deliver assistance and protection to affected populations before, during and after crisis situations.
Job Reference: NGA-22/NIG/ERF/SAI/NGO/0020
Number required: 1
Job Reference NHF and other donor projects
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Duration: 6 Months
The Finance Manager leads the finance department to ensure day-to-day financial operations, with functional responsibility for financial accounting, in line with GHIV Africa’s financial policy, Donor agreement and national law.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the finance department, providing technical support to subordinates and ensuring that all accounting staff are competently performing their duties and safeguarding organization resources and funds.
- Responsible for managing computerized accounting software, electronic payments.
- Facilitate payments and ensure that all expenditure is in accordance with approved budgets and grant conditions.
- All under/over expenditure are immediately notified to the Executive Director and Head of Program through the Head of Admin for prompt action.
- Support the procurement process providing guidance on budgets and funds available.
- Prepare and review work plan and other budgets for GHIV Africa’s projects;
- Prepare all financial reports as required;
- Track and monitor project expenditures against budget; BVA including preparing monthly pipeline analyses for GHIV Africa AHQ and field team;
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies;
- Participate in closing meetings with donors at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues
- Conducts training for finance and non-finance project staff on financial and grants management
- Review all staff accountabilities and claims or refunds
- Vet and review invoices and other payment vouchers prior to submitting them for approval
- File and keep proper record of all prepayments, accruals, and related accounts
- A confident professional with integrity, discretion and the ability to develop trust with staff and managers at all levels;
- Energetic, flexible, responsive and willing to be hands-on. Committed to providing a service that makes a difference;
- Well organized, with the ability to manage multiple programs and workstreams as well as ad hoc responsive tasks, balancing a range of priorities and deadlines.
- Master’s Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5 years’ experience with international development program, Professional certification in ICAN, ACCA, ACA, CFA, etc would be an added advantage.
- Experience with donor-funded projects and experience working in an INGO/NGO environment (Required)
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices. Budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets, and Management Information Systems;
- Familiarity with Nigerian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Nigeria (Highly Desirable);
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner with minimal supervision, manage high-volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data as well as experience with computer spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret financial information and reports
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) on bit.ly to apply