Open to Internal and External Candidates
Senior Project Assistant, Compliance
(Movement Operations and Program Integrity Guidelines)
San Salvador, El Salvador
General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment
One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
: January 12. 2022
: VN2022/041 SV – EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations Units in various IOM Country Offices, coordinated under the Division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters (HQ), are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization’s programmes.
IOM provides a range of services and support to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) including, but not limited to case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and arrival to the United States, and administration of a travel loan and collections program. In order to continue to maintain and strengthen the integrity of the USRAP, IOM (in coordination with the donor) is implementing Program Integrity Guidelines across
all USRAP activities. The Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Operations and Program Integrity Guidelines) will provide compliance-related support for movement operations activities in El Salvador and have an important role in assisting IOM Country Offices in the Region with USRAP responsibilities to develop compliance with, implement and measure various elements of the Program Integrity Guidelines.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Operations, Latin America and the Caribbean, the direct supervision of the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings) and in close coordination with the USRAP Oversight Officer, the Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Movement Operations and Program Integrity Guidelines), has the following duties and responsibilities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Undertake compliance activities in Movement Operations, including activities related to project monitoring and evaluation, training, youth services, project reporting, project support and/or protection; and undertake activities related to the implementation of the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines in Movement Operations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- In close coordination with the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings), the Head of Operations and USRAP Oversight Officer, assist in the design and implementation of assessments, surveys, and other tools and activities pertaining to the Program Integrity Guidelines. Ensure a high quality of data by confirming accurate collection, entering, maintaining, safeguarding, and reporting of data related to USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines elements.
- Assist in increasing staff’s knowledge of the requirements of the Program Integrity Guidelines through regular, accurate information sharing, advising the management, answering staff questions, and providing trainings.
- In coordination with the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings) and the Head of Operations, develop plans to facilitate full compliance with the Program Integrity Guidelines and address any compliance violations.
- As necessary, provide technical and administrative support to the management and USRAP Oversight Officer in identifying and adjusting approaches to compliance with the Program Integrity Guidelines requirements. Support the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings), the Head of Operations and the USRAP Global Team in using the Guidelines information effectively for decision-making.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain detailed records of documents and activities pertaining to the compliance with the Program Integrity Guidelines. Compile information and draft, edit and design annual USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines reports.
- In coordination with the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings), support monitoring and evaluation activities for Movement Operations, including, if assigned, planning monitoring and evaluation activities; designing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, such as surveys, interview protocols and focus group topics; administering surveys, interviews and focus groups; analyzing monitoring and evaluation data; and reporting on data to relevant persons.
- Plan and execute training activities for Movement Operations staff members, including serving as a Training Focal Point for the region in close coordination with the Training Coordinator and the RMM HR-Business Partner. Coordinate with management and staff members to identify training needs within the region; plan, organize and administer trainings; support the delivery of trainings; learn to deliver, and deliver, trainings; report to the Training Coordinator, HR-Business Partner and Staff Learning and Development (SDL) at HQ on trainings that are held; and contribute as needed to the development of new training packages.
- Maintain and promote the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Associate (Compliance and Trainings) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus), as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- University degree in statistics, business administration/management, economics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of work experience,
- Completed secondary education with six years of relevant working experience.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience (please see above) such as office/business administration, customer service, record keeping, compliance, monitoring and evaluation, clerical duties, etc. – Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files; – Prior experience with tools and strategies for data collection and analysis, and production of reports preferred; – Experience with USRAP programs and USRAP processing systems such as MiMOSA is an advantage; – Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish – Strong interpersonal and communication skills; – Attention to detail and ability to organize; – Self-motivated, objective driven and able to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision; – Computer/software literate with good knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat;
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. – Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. – Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Managerial Competencies- behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential. – Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential. – Strategic thinking & vision : works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by by January 12 , 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 29.12.2022 to 12.01.2023