Open to Internal and External Candidates
Senior Project Assistant, CCC – Communications
San Salvador, El Salvador
General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment
One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
: January 12, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to thousands of refugees each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Latin America (LA). RSC LA manages US resettlement activities in Latin America and Caribbean. RSC LA prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical
screenings, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer, CCC RSC LA, and the overall supervision of Project Manager RSC LA, the Senior Project Assistant is responsible for overseeing CCC (Compliance, Communications and Cultural Orientation) – Communications activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee a team of CCC staff members based in San Salvador, El Salvador who are undertaking Communications, Cultural Orientation and Project Compliance activities, including supporting staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of communications activities.
- In close coordination with the USRAP Monitoring Officer in Washington, D.C., assist with monitoring and evaluation activities for RSC LA, including, if assigned, planning monitoring and evaluation activities, designing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, such as surveys, interview protocols and focus group topics, administering surveys, interviews and focus groups, analysing monitoring and evaluation data and reporting on data to relevantpersons.
- Oversee and plan training activities for RSC LA staff and managers, including serving as the USRAP Training Focal Point in close coordination with the HR- Business Partner, coordinating with management and staff to identify training needs within the RSC Region, planning, organizing and administering trainings, supporting the delivery of trainings, learning to deliver, and delivering, trainings, and reporting to the HR• Business Partner and Staff Leaming and Development (SDL) at IOM Headquarters on trainings.
- In relation to project reporting, provide support as needed to RSC LA management on a Regional level on a wide variety of reporting needs, including compiling information for reports, drafting reports, editing reports and designing reports for internal RSC use, relevant IOM Country Offices and Regional Offices, the USRAP Global Management Team, IOM Headquarters, RSC LA project partners andPRM.
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of protection-related refugee case expedites, including, if assigned, monitoring RSC LA expedite cases, drafting and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to expediting processing, monitoring the implementation of expedite-related SOPs, maintaining an expedite database, acting as the primary liaison with partners on expedite cases, working with other units and departments to ensure expedite cases are processed efficiently, processing COPE cases and drafting regular reports related to expedite cases in RSC LA.
- Oversee protection activities related to at-risk individuals served by RSC LA, such as children, the elderly, survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) persons and other marginalized individuals, including providing training, drafting SOPs, tools and reference materials, monitoring the implementation of SOPs and tools, providing regular reports on at-risk cases, liaising with colleagues and partners on relevant issues, analysing or completing documentation related to refugee minors, counselling refugee minors and arranging the expedition of at-riskcases.
- Oversee staff undertaking cultural orientation training activities. Assist in drafting training lesson plans in accordance with RSC LA cultural orientation objectives,
developing teaching materials, visual aids and bulletin boards supporting the curriculum, and managing and restocking inventories of instructional supplies. Serve as a back-up trainer as needed.
- In coordination with the Project Officer, liaise as needed with other teams and units in RSC LA and with external partners such as USCIS, the Refugee Processing Center (RPC), panel physicians, the US Embassy and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). Prepare team statistics and report regularly to RSC LA management on relevant activities, problems and solutions related to the workflow and processing pipeline.
- Utilize reports and other oversight mechanisms, conduct regular Quality Control (QC) of Cultural Orientation and communications-related data in WRAPS and other communications tools such as e-mail systems to verify the accuracy and clarity of information shared with individuals as well as the RSC’s compliance with all USRAP and RSC SOPs. Proactively bring communications- and CO-related backlogs and other issues to the attention of supervisors.
- Oversee cultural orientation childcare activities for RSC LA, including monitoring and guiding staff members providing childcare services, helping ensure childcare spaces are appropriate, adequate and well-maintained, training childcare staff members to conduct basic cultural orientation activities designed for children and monitoring the work of childcare staff members.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants, colleagues and partners. Support the development and implementation of SOPs as needed.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC Management of any non- compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Completed secondary education required – Six years of working experience with secondary education; four years of working experience with bachelor’s degree – Thorough knowledge of English – Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimumsupervision – Excellent computer skills -Word, Excel and Internet – Strong interpersonal and communication skills – Attention to detail and ability to organize – Self-motivated and objective driven – Experience providing interactive training for a group of participants is an advantage.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards ofconduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivationalway.
Managerial Competencies- behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision : works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by January 12, 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 29.12.2022 to 12.12.2023