Seefar is seeking two Migration Officer(s), with complete fluency in English,for our West Africa Programme. The Programme aims to decrease migrant vulnerability and prepare migrants for opportunities. It promotes ethical recruitment practices among recruiters and enterprises, creating space for systemic change in migration practices in West Africa.
You will have demonstrated experience in providing services to vulnerable people and project administration in the field of labour migration and livelihoods; enjoy working in a high performing team; be excellent at ensuring attention to details for achieving project outputs, be a problem solver and be result focused. You must be based in Nigeria (Southern Region) with access to strong WIFI connectivity and may be required to travel interstate. This is a full-time position.
Salary: USD 1,000 to 1,500 monthly, depending on experience.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration, and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel, and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
For examples of projects relevant to this position, please visit
The role requires someone with minimum 2 years related experience in providing project support in similar interventions. You are smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, motivated by challenges and are highly flexible and efficient. You are fluent in English.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager in Nigeria, the following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 80% of your time and attention:
- Responsible for the identification and selection of 3000 Nigerian workers for ethical labour opportunities outside of the region, according to project criteria.
- Ensure application forms are available on Seefar’s communication channels
- Ensure all applications undergo screening process
- Ensure all applicants are provided with feedback on their application status
- Monitor the application process to ensure only qualified workers are shortlisted and enrolled
- Maintain a database of all programme beneficiaries
- Conduct periodic validation of beneficiary database
- Conduct periodic reporting on the progress of the program
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Learning, growing, and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthening the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
- Representing and demonstrating the Enterprise’s values.
Direct: Global Management
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Cooperate with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for this position. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered for this position.
Minimum requirements are as follows:
- An undergraduate degree
- 2 years experience providing project support and services to vulnerable populations, ideally in the field of labour migration and livelihoods however, other themes may also be relevant.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Complete fluency in oral and written English, including clear and succinct writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Applicants must be highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive and are client focused, while also able to work autonomously. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
How to apply
On or before 14 November 2022, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form.
- 1-2 paragraphs explaining a related project you have implemented. What was the project? What was your role? What were the project’s achievements? If it wasn’t successful, why?
- 1-2 paragraphs explaining what you have learned is a necessary attitude or approach when delivering successful projects in developing and conflict affected countries. What experiences taught you this?