Grow strong Foundation (GSF) is a Non- Profit Organization Established in 2017 and incorporated in 2018 with registration number RC 106092. We believe in promoting and protecting the welfare of vulnerable people from all forms of social, economic, and emotional discrimination through Peace Building, Education, Protection, health care, advocacy and sensitization, and awareness programs.
Place of Assignment: Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) State Reports to: Program Manager
Responsible for: Officers
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Purpose of the Position
GSF is seeking a qualified and committed individual to join the GSF team as a Livelihood Program Coordinator -Livelihoods for all operations in BAY States as new programs emerge. Based in BAY States, the Livelihoods Program Coordinator will be a full-time member of the GSF team and will play a crucial role in the provision of technical, financial and strategic management of food security and livelihoods programs and program staff. The person will also lead in the development of GSF’s five-year strategy and specific program framework for the early recovery and Livelihoods sector as well as develop strong staff capacity in undertaking assessments and data analysis.
- Lead the development of an appropriate Food Security and Sustainable Livelihood intervention strategy within BAY States context that includes early recovery, disaster risk reduction and community development.
- Develop Job description and lead a team of livelihood technical staff to ensure that the strategy is implemented to the highest quality standards.
- Oversee and directly manage food security and livelihoods projects in the provision of technical support, development of logical frameworks and appropriate indicators, development of project proposals and budgeting, and project narrative and financial reporting in line with donor requirements including monitoring expenditure.
- Develop a thorough analysis of the food security and livelihoods situation through primary and secondary assessments and with due consideration for children and women and objectives of the programs;
- Co-ordinate surveys and rapid assessments, including training, planning, analysis and report writing.
- Ensure appropriate field supervision is undertaken and that protocols are adhered to.
- Plan and co-ordinate GSF response as indicated by the results of surveys/situation analysis and related data.
- Lead in using the findings of surveys and ongoing analysis to ensure optimal program performance and design modifications as appropriate
- Coordinate and network with other stakeholders to promote appropriate humanitarian and development programming within the framework of GSF’s Food Security and Livelihood policies. This includes attending and engaging with relevant coordination meetings. Determine in each GSF’s intervention the scope for linking Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods work and Sustainable Livelihood work, with emphasis on mainstreaming vulnerability analysis and disaster risk reduction as appropriate.
- Design, manage, analyze and communicate technical information across the programme team.
- Identify and assess the capacity needs of the national staff, partners and counterparts involved in the programme, plan and implement capacity building activities.
- Management of the Food Security and Livelihood project managers.
- Ensure the effective implementation of personnel and administrative management systems, including development of policies and procedures for all programs in portfolio in
- Food Security and livelihood;
- Oversee procurement and logistics procedures for efficient use and proper documentation of all activities in accordance to organizational and donor guidelines;
- Ensure that staffs have clear job descriptions / performance objectives. Support the recruitment of staff in food security and livelihood programs. This may involve the writing of job descriptions, work schedules, training plans and appraisals.
- Ensure that GSF’s ways of working and protection are mainstreamed throughout the programme.
- Enhance documentation of lessons learnt and best practices of programs to be shared with relevant stakeholders;
Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
GSF is actively seeking a candidate who is committed to its mission and vision. In particular, GSF will be seeking a candidate who has:
- A bachelor’s degree required but a post graduate degree is preferred in agriculture, animal science, or other discipline that provides an understanding of food security and livelihood programming /or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the management of Food Security and Livelihoods projects, including a mature understanding of humanitarian and sustainable livelihoods programming in a variety of livelihoods intervention areas, in particular understanding of pastoral livelihoods preferred.
- Proven practical experience in two or more of the following: food security assessments and nutritional surveys, cash based interventions, agriculture and livestock interventions, fisheries interventions, small Job Description business / micro-credit interventions; market analysis.
- Community development skills, including participatory community assessment and planning techniques with skills in capacity building of communities and experience of working with livelihoods groups/community-based structures.
- Have experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, in particular livelihoods analysis.
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction and vulnerability analysis.
- A sound understanding of the importance of gender in programme work.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts. Committed to Equal Opportunities (e.g. gender, race, disability).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Strong competencies in people management, capacity building and coaching;
- Willingness to travel frequently and at short notice, often in difficult circumstances, and to spend adequate periods of time in the field, if security permits.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English required
- Excellent communicator who leads in building relationships within GSF and with other stakeholders such as partners, donors, authorities, etc.
- Good in networking and fundraising
Click this link to fill the information form https://forms.gle/9zdZa2Laprufzyhs6
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.Interested and qualified? Go to Grow strong Foundation (GSF) on docs.google.com to apply