The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Contract Type: One (1) year fixed term contract
Pay band: BRC-K-F
Travel: Regular domestic travel.
- To support in the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards
- Always prioritise safety of passengers and personal safety.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Ensure passengers use seat belts and do not unnecessarily distract the driver or MOPOL guards; report refusals; breaches or exceptions to the Facilities Manager
- Valid Nigeria driver’s licence
- SSCE passed.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- In depth knowledge of designated locations in the city and thorough knowledge of road signs.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the corporate sector
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Basic IT skills including word and excel
- Basic mechanical knowledge participation in previous defensive driver training.
- Experience operating in a complex and multi-cultural context.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Fluency in Written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.