Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War. Langdon-Davies conceived the idea of a personal relationship between a child and a sponsor – a model that puts the child at the centre, and remains the core of what we do. Today, Plan International is a global organisation that is active in over 70 countries to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. Founded over 70 years ago, Plan is a nearly $800 million organization often ranked among the top 10 international development agencies by reputation, size and scope. We work side-by-side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, developing solutions to ensure long-term sustainability. Our level of community engagement, long-term outlook and constant focus on the needs and priorities of children is unique among international development organizations. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs, to education projects and child protection initiatives. Community by community, Plan works to promise futures that are worthy of all children’s potential. Our Vision Our vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Our Mission Plan strives to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of vulnerable children in developing countries by: Enabling children, their families and their communities to meet basic needs and to increase their ability to participate in and benefit from their societies; Fostering relationships to increase understanding and unity among peoples of different cultures and countries; and Promoting the rights and interests of the world’s children.
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Driving
The purpose of this role is to provide transportation services to Plan staff in a safe, courteous and timely manner.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Communicates within Plan International Nigeria. The post holder will contribute towards the operational aspects of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members. The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan Internationals implementing partners. In addition, the post holder will be responsible in line managing other drivers, coordinate all travels and provide office management support to the admin team.
- Cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm.
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the admin department.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled timely and regularly.
- To report immediately to the Admin and Logistics Officer, all accidents or issues involving Plan International vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of Plan international Nigeria.
- Analyses/ review and monitor monthly fuel consumption report for all the office vehicle
Staff and material transportation
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
- Files in accurately vehicle log books and submits to the Admin Officer
Other services provision:
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems
- Have a basic knowledge of the organization mission and values, staff roles in order to support and direct visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with staffs, managers, visitors and partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualifications and Experience
- Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Class B drivers licence.
- Advanced or Ordinary level certificate
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vehicle maintenance and driving.
- Work experience in an NGO setup will be an added advantage
- Any relevant certification in driving/clerical services will be an added advantage.
- Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuses.
- Demonstrate wide knowledge of the road network.
- Confirmed and demonstrated successful experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship with both internal and external clients
- Proficiency with PC’s and computer programs including Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to speak English and others.
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to multi- task.
- Good analytical abilities.
- Good time management skills.
- Maintain image of the organization by example and outmost professionalism.
- Show courtesy and being respectful toward individual, colleagues, superiors and visitors.
- Be dynamic, patient and a good time keeper
- Ability to listen and pay attention to details.
- Good team player.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International on jobs.plan-international.org to apply