International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the transporting of goods and persons safely toward their destination.
- The Driver also supports for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases.
- This position reports to the INSO Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- The Driver position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
- To operate INSO vehicles as directed by the Logistics and Procurement Officer
- To assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in travel and Fleet Management.
- To assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation and travels
- To maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- To ensure punctuality and safe transport;
- To observe the road, traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and
- internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
Car Security & Maintenance:
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition always
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water,
- battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations,
- maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
Car Logbook Maintenance:
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
Provide assistance to the Administrative team, including but not limited to:
- Facilitating immigration and customs formalities as per requirements
- Delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, delivery and collection of official documents as per required
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to you.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4×4 vehicles with manual gear.
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa.
- Computer literate.
- 2 years’ work experience in INGO as a driver.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their complete Applications to: [email protected] using “INSO Driver – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Applications should include:
- Up-to-date CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Cover letter (1 page max) – specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.