eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Driving
Reports to: Senior Manager, Operations
Summary of Job
- The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the operations manager and would be responsible for operating EHA Clinics’ motor vehicles.
- S/he is responsible for safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles, regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations running official errands and assisting with other office work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Transports employees and other individuals as directed in a safe and responsible manner. This includes shuttle transportation for campaigns, driving patients in an ambulance, projects, airport and distributions runs. Greets employees and individuals warmly.
- Ensures vehicle is in a proper and safe condition prior to use. Reports any damages or mechanical malfunctions and provides recommendations for repairs.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations and maximum speed limits prescribed.
- Keeps assigned vehicles clean, free from damage, and in acceptable condition consistently.
- Reports for work on time and at a specified location. Wears the appropriate outfits and footwear (closed toe shoes).
- Maintains schedules of pick-up and drop-off assignments.
- Maintains a professional and friendly approach to management, supervisors and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and established internal policies and guidelines
- Reports all safety, security and driving incidents to supervisor immediately where possible.
- Ensures that all relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
- Ensures routine check-up of vehicles and complies with relevant laws and company policies regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles and/or the use of prohibited equipment whilst on duty.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanour at all times and approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
Patient & Family Education / Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications & Training
- Minimum of Secondary School Education
- Candidate must have excellent driving record and experience.
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Considerable knowledge of Nigerian roads and local laws.
- Two years of job-related experience, preferably a hospital or clinic.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making a decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD).
- The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
- Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on www.eha.ng to apply