Duration of Consultancy: three months
Nature of the consultancy: A Digital Media Consultant that will be in charge of updating IOM Niger website and support the development of digital content for IOM Niger’s online platforms.
Project Context and Scope:
In Niger, IOM is the co-lead of the Shelter and NFI Working Group and works in direct collaboration with the Ministry of Humanitarian Action and Disaster Management to coordinate the response of the Shelter and NFI Working Group partners.Shelter and NFI are two essential aspects of responding to humanitarian emergencies, whether they result from natural disasters or conflict. Owing to the prevalence of attacks by non-state armed groups in and around Niger, several hundred thousand people are living across the country who are either internally displaced or refugees from neighboring countries. Furthermore, climate change is causing more frequent, extreme, and unpredictable climate-related hazards, leaving thousands more vulnerable to displacement.
The consultant will promote IOM Niger’s emergency operations by developing digital communications campaigns and content across multiple platforms ensuring accurate and consistent messaging and branding and alignment. The consultant will also contribute to maintaining the IOM Niger website up to date.
- Assistance humanitaire et soutien aux solutions durables pour les populations touchées par la crise dans la région de Diffa.
- Humanitarian assistance in shelter and non-food items for vulnerable displaced populations in the Tahoua and Tillabéri regions of Niger.
- Direct Humanitarian Assistance to Vulnerable Populations Affected by Forced Displacement in Niger.
- The Special Measure for the EU-IOM Joint Initiative on Migrant Protection and Reintegration under the Neighbourhood, Development and International Cooperation Instrument – Global Europe (NDICI – Global Europe).
Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment
- First deliverable – Comprehensive review and analysis of IOM Niger’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Second deliverable – Advice and guidance on new and innovative ideas to increase engagement and reach online.
- Third deliverable – Ongoing support to develop content for IOM Niger’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Fourth deliverable – An online campaign for the Emergency Programme, highlighting IOM’s response in crisis-affected areas to support vulnerable populations.
- Fifth deliverable – Comprehensive review and update of IOM Niger’s existing website structure and content, including mapping technical and content issues to be addressed.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
- Contents published on IOM Niger’s online platforms.
- Increase in audience/reach on IOM online platforms.
- IOM Niger has an active YouTube channel.
- IOM Niger website is up to date.
Education, Experience and/or skills required
- University degree in Media, Communications, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a digital media officer or multimedia officer.
- Experience producing, editing and disseminating digital content for online audiences.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge in French is an advantage.
- Very good written English.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Adobe Suite).
Not required, but mission to duty station can be organized.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – CV and motivation letter addressed to the Chief of Mission – via the email address: email@example.com.
For an application to be considered candidates are requested to mention “Digital Media Consultant ” as subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted