WFP Iraq Country Office is implementing several projects on social protection which cover evidence generation, policy advisory, improving targeting, digitalisation of social protection schemes especially the Public Distribution System (PDS), and establishment of a single registry. As part of the overall social protection reform agenda, WFP together with other partners intends to assist the Government for evidence-based recommendations and roadmap to revamp and revise targeting criteria for social protection schemes in Iraq.
To generate and/or contribute to the evidence base that supports food security, nutrition and climate policies and programmes (e.g. needs assessment and situation analyses, programme design, targeting, cost-effectiveness, and operational efficiency). This position will be based in Baghdad and will report to the Head of the Unit
- Support the head of Research Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (RAM) on matters pertaining to food security and nutrition strategies, policies, programmes, and facilitate the timely and productive use of related outputs in a manner that complies with WFP standards and processes.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Manage and/or conduct food security, nutrition, markets, and resilience analysis and prepare timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes, and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies, and programmes.
- Keep up to date with and advise on food assistance developments and issues and the potential impact upon WFP activity to enable timely and appropriate programme evolution and intervention.
- Contribute to the development of programme activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation, and recommendations to facilitate food assistance needs to be met effectively.
- Provide coaching and guidance to VAM staff as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and information as required to support the assessment of activity impact.
- Represent WFP during meetings with partners to contribute to technical discussions, exchange of knowledge and experience, and seek for appropriate interventions (based on an evidence base), and areas for potential collaboration.
- Build the capacity of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct analysis on food security, nutrition, markets, resilience, and related topics to effectively inform policies and programmes.
- Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition to enable sharing of experiences, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Others as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography, or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language).
Experience: For holders of an Advanced degree, a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional work experience in Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping, Monitoring & Evaluation. For holders of a First degree, a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional work experience as described above.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Gained valuable experience in collecting geospatial and socioeconomic food security data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
- Has led surveys, and multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection, and analysis.
- Has participated in the design and implementation of WFP programmes focusing in food security.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Position Title: Deputy Head of VAM and M&E Unit
- Contract Type: International Consultancy (CST II)
- Duty Station: Baghdad, Iraq
- Medical Plan: Medical plan for the employee only
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications close on 18th December 2022
How to apply
Applicants are requested to submit online applications.
STEP 1: Click on the links below (Internal Candidates or External Candidates).
STEP 2: Click on ”Apply” to register and create your online profile (if not created already).
STEP 3: Attach your updated CV in English (recommended length 1-3 pages)
STEP 4: Make sure to answer all mandatory questions accurately.
STEP 5: Click Apply and submit your application.