Position Title: Delivery Manager (Business Transformation)
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 22 August 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- External female candidates:
- Candidate from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF) reform. The BT is a business-driven initiative, underpinned by the implementation of the Oracle Cloud ERP platform and related technologies. The process scope of the BT includes budget and finance, programme/project management, supply chain management, human capital management, contracts, governance/risk/compliance, and donor relationship management.
Under the direct supervision of the Business Transformation Director and in coordination with the BT Leadership Team and the PMO, the Delivery Manager (BT) will be responsible for providing authoritative expertise and leadership for the Business Transformation project delivery. The Delivery Manager will drive, coordinate, empower and influence the Solution, Change Management, Data Migration and Technical teams, composed of BT Team members, stakeholder staff, system integrator supplier(s), and consultants towards successfully and efficiently reaching project objectives, ensuring the completeness and quality of the planning process, leading the resolution of anticipated delivery or other blocking issues, and ensuring that the overall implementation of project tasks are being performed as expected. They will be responsible for creating and executing plans, anticipating and managing risks, issues and problems, and advising senior management and key stakeholders.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Formulate the strategy, design and structure of plans developed by the BT Leadership, individual stream leads and vendors, in conjunction with the PMO, and take action to ensure soundness, completeness, and delivery feasibility.
- Plan, oversee and ensure the design, preparation and implementation of connected project work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports by all solution team members, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure project plan execution and milestones achievement meet established time and cost parameters as well as standards of technical quality. Direct stream leads and cross functional activities, including monitoring and early warning escalation of risk items, and develop and monitor performance standards.
- Develop new solutions and/or plans for the resolution of solution design and integration issues in coordination with the BT Design Authority, and direct several concurrent projects and activities.
- Advise and coordinate with strategic stakeholders, business process owners, subject matter experts, and operational staff, and advocate and advance project and organizational objectives.
- Develop and monitor the work programme budget, and manage resources and acquisitions necessary for project delivery.
- Ensure the development of standards, procedures and practices for data migration, technical integration, and process area stream leads to resolve issues causing delays in task completion or impacting the achievement of key milestones.
- Devise highly innovative and creative initiatives and solutions that ensure project delivery and advance the Organization’s reputation.
- Work actively with the service and operations team to resolve operating, technical and coordination problems, and to ensure the fulfilment of mutual interdependencies and preparedness for the cutover to production.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration, or a related from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with twelve years of relevant professional experience;and,
- Professional certification related to project/delivery management (PMP or similar certification,etc.) desirable.
- At least 10 years of experience in ERP projects in the roles as defined above, including planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex systems;
- Experience in managing at least two large-scale ERP projects, with a preference for Oracle Cloud ERP implementation, including resource management and allocation, strategic and creative thinking, development of clear and concise proposals, and staff management;
- Experience in solution implementer management;
- Experience in Agile Project Management or Iterative Development is desirable;
- Previous work experience in the UN system will be an asset.
- Effective problem solving approach, ability to work in a cross-functional team and ability to quickly understand IOM business processes. Gender awareness and gender sensitivity. Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated diplomatic skills in handling stakeholder relations;
- Ability to develop operational plans for ERP implementation, direct others in the execution ofthe programme and ensure timely delivery of results;
- Demonstrated achievement of results in multinational, complex environments where there is no direct control over project stakeholders;
- Understanding of the most common technical approaches for the main phases of an ERP project (design, configuration, test, data migration, roll out);
- Usage of common project management tools (MS Project, MS Teams, MS Office, the Atlassian suite of tools).
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English and working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 22 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 02.08.2022 to 22.08.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 245 Delivery Manager (Business Transformation) (P5) Geneva, Switzerland (57695725) Released
Posting: Posting NC57695726 (57695726) Released