The World Food Program (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger in the world. WFP works for a world where every man, woman and child has constant access to enough food to lead healthy and active lives.
THE BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
In its efforts to combat food insecurity in Haiti, the World Food Program (WFP) manages an extensive portfolio of food assistance programs. Within the framework of these activities, the VAM and M&E units notably provide technical assistance for the analysis and mapping of vulnerability as well as the monitoring and evaluation of the activities carried out by the WFP in Haiti.
The data analyst is responsible for defining data management tools and protocols before, during, and after data collection and to conduct data analyzes and quality reports.
The specific responsibilities of the Senior Data Analyst are:
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for the VAM/M&E unit;
- Contribute to programming the forms (ODK, Kobo, MODA) for the VAM/M&E unit, testing them, and supporting their use;
- Lead in the development of analysis plans for investigations conducted by the VAM/M&E unit;
- Lead in the development of survey plans for the VAM/M&E unit;
- Contribute to defining the most appropriate data collection methodologies as needed;
- Process and analyze the data collected (quantitative and qualitative) as part of VAM/M&E activities;
- Lead to the implementation of data visualization dashboards;
- In collaboration with the various colleagues of the VAM/M&E unit, contribute to the implementation of protocols to improve data quality control;
- Manage the various forms of the VAM/M&E unit on the WFP server;
- Support the programming of tools for data collection (tablets, others);
- Work on the cleaning of data collected by the WFP;
- Develop documentation (standards, processes and protocols) for data management (guide and other documents defined by the supervisor);
- Train WFP staff or implementing partners on WFP tools and processes for data collection, management and analysis;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Hold a degree in statistics, econometrics, social sciences or similar
Experience and Skills:
- 3 years of experience in the field of statistical systems/data management;
- Excellent computer knowledge;
- Knowledge of information technology;
- Mastery of statistical software (STATA, SPSS, others);
- Mastery of ODK Aggregate software (xls forms, Briefcase, Kobo, or others);
- Mastery of data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI, others) is an asset;
- Good communication skills.
- Conscientious character and ability to complete deliverables under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with issues related to food and nutrition security
- Diplomacy, tact and ability to establish and maintain harmonious interpersonal relationships
**Languages:**French, good ability to analyze text in English and/or other languages
NB: The contact details of the persons / institutions referenced in the CV must contain an email address and a valid telephone number.
Candidates must be of Haitian Nationality
Application deadline: December 20, 2022
How to apply