Position Title : Consultant (Animation Artist)
Duty Station : IOM Philippines Country Office (Manila) (Home-Based)
Classification : Consultant
Type of Appointment : Consultancy, One Month
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 03 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the National Protection Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible in producing a three-minute animated video that provides an overview of A Handbook for Reintegration Programming in the Philippines: Designing, Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluation Reintegration Assistance Programmes for Overseas Filipino Returnees.
Nature of the consultancy: The consultant is assigned to produce a three-minute animated video that provides an overview of A Handbook for Reintegration Programming in the Philippines: Designing, Implementing, Monitoring and Evaluation Reintegration Assistance Programmes for Overseas Filipino Returnees. The Handbook was developed by IOM Philippines under the Bridging Recruitment to Reintegration in Migration Governance: Philippines (BRIDGE), a United Nations (UN) Joint Programme funded by the Migration Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MMPTF). The Handbook aims to serve as a practical guide for all levels of stakeholders to support a holistic and more contextualized reintegration programming in the Philippines.
As an output-based consultant (Category B), the consultant is expected to provide professional high-quality video animation services as well as ensure that the knowledge product is in accordance with the IOM brand guidelines. The animated video should capture the purpose and key contents of the Handbook and should incorporate the Philippine context, where appropriate.
Project Context and Scope:
The Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (GCM) was adopted at the Intergovernmental Conference to Adopt the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration in Marrakech, Morocco, and subsequently endorsed by the General Assembly in its resolution 73/195 of December 2018. The GCM sets out a cooperative framework for achieving safe, orderly, and regular migration, including 10 overarching guiding principles and 23 objectives with attendant actions and a process for its implementation, follow-up, and review, as well as guidance for support from the United Nations system.
The Migration Multi-Partner Trust Fund has directed resources towards the Joint Programme, “Bridging Recruitment to Reintegration in Migration Governance: Philippines (BRIDGE)”, which seeks to support the implementation of the GCM at the request of the Government of the Philippines (GoP). In particular, GoP has identified Objective 6 (Facilitate fair and ethical recruitment and safeguard conditions that ensure decent work) and Objective 21 (Cooperate in facilitating safe and dignified return and readmission as well as sustainable reintegration) as priority GCM objectives. Consistent with the GCM’s 360-degree vision, IOM is seeking to enhance the evidence base of policy processes and practices for sustainable and gender-responsive return and reintegration. One of the interventions through which IOM Philippines aims to contribute to this objective is the development of a more contextualized gender-responsive Reintegration Handbook for Philippine reintegration actors. To be disseminated online, the animated video will make the the Reintegration Handbook more accessible to wider audiences.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
The consultant will report to IOM Philippines’ Protection Division (PXD), under the BRIDGE Joint Programme.
Project Code: LM.0426
Tangible and Measurable Outputs of the Work Assignment
Payment of the service fee will be made upon accomplishing the deliverables, as follows. Each payment is subject to the submission and approval of the corresponding deliverable.
Category B Consultant hired to deliver an output on an instalment payment basis:
Performance indicators for evaluation results
- Required deliverables are submitted at the agreed-upon deadlines.
- Submitted output improved the animated video’s overall design and is aesthetically pleasing.
- Submitted output ensured that all formatting, branding, and design are consistent and aligned with the IOM Brand Style Guide.
- Issues raised are resolved amicably with outcomes accepted by the involved parties.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must have at least five (5) years of proven experience in developing and producing video animations and infographics. Prior experience of producing animation for humanitarian-development programmes or projects is desirable
- Must have at least five (5) years of proven experience in undertaking video production work including conceptualizing the look of the video, video shoot, and editing
- Must provide all equipment, software and technology required to produce a quality animated video
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
The consultant must adhere to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Protection Principles (IN/138) and maintain confidentiality.
The consultant will be responsible to follow IOM writing guidelines and latest glossaries in all given assignments for accurate translation.
IOM is an intergovernmental organization, and as such is exempted of all taxes in the Philippines. Therefore, it is not obligated to retain any taxes that should be owed to the Government of the Philippines as part of the execution of this contract. It is the sole responsibility of the contractor to comply with any fiscal obligations that might be applicable.
The ownership of intellectual products developed during this project will be shared with the government entities partaking in its creation, as well as IOM’s regional office. Government agencies and the cooperating agency must be warranted visibility and recognition, through the use of their logos in every document and any other material that might be a result of these intellectual production. Applications received later or that do not specify the name of the call will not be considered.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and CV highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit link.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by 03 March 2023 with a subject line CON 2023 003 – Consultant (Animation Artist)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.