Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaint and Feedback Mechanism Assistant
Location: Mafa, Borno
Reports to: MEAL Officer
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 6 Months
- To assist the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit and programs in implementing Accountability activities in its humanitarian projects. The role holder will support the direct implementation of the Complaints and feedback mechanism component of Accountability and ensure there is high compliance to already stated protocols within the Christian Aid MEAL team.
- The role holder has to be versed in the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) guideline, Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) principle, and other relevant accountability guidelines.
- The role holder will periodically provide reports and information products for various stakeholders, all to seek more support or show the quality/achievement of Christian Aid Accountability work in the various projects.
Expected national travel per annum:
- Up to 20 days
Expected international travel per annum:
- Occasional travel
Surge capacity for emergency responses: No
- To respond to ever-changing demands within the environment, Christian Aid operates within an agile framework (both in the workforce and operational) that requires from all employees, a high level of responsiveness and adaptiveness to processes and structures making flexibility and a project-based working approach the norm.
- To sustain this system, managers may/will agree on further details of specific tasks and duties as part of the performance agreement.
- Any reasonable duty may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility, and employees may be required to change the focus of their role from time to time.
- Support in the design of project accountability frameworks
- Ensure through a systematic way that during distributions, a helpdesk / information table is established for the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions.
- Ensure proper entry of the complaints into the Christian Aid Complaints database.
- Prepare Bi-weekly reports showing the various categories of complaints and the status of the complaints
- Ensure key information reaches beneficiaries using several methods (leaflets, orientation, help desk, etc.) Ensuring that all beneficiaries properly receive their benefits.
- Work with the rest of the Response Team to ensure Christian Aid accountability standards are included in staff orientation sessions, with a particular focus on Christian Aid Programme and Operational staff, and all staff members from partner organizations.
- Plan and conduct training sessions of relevant staff members (both Christian Aid and partner organizations) to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanisms and information provision plans
- The role works within the International Programmes role family positioned within the humanitarian team.
- The role is key in providing Accountability support through complaints logging, management, tracking, analysis, and reporting to the MEAL unit and various project leads.
- The role will normally work within the designated office and there may be occasional travel required.
- External: The role holder will have contact with partners., volunteers and stakeholders at state and LGA level.
- Internal: The position is line managed by the MEAL Officer. Has a key role in ensuring good relations with other roles in programmes, finance, and logistic and procurement.
- The ability to make day-to-day strategic and operational decisions to assist in the administration and smooth running of the Partnership and programmes
- Budgetary/savings responsibility n/a
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, MYSQL, and qualitative analysis softwars.
- Degree in relevant field with at least one year working experience with an I/NGO
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and project/programme-cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning.
- Understanding and familiarity with data management tools
- Knowledge and use of mobile data collection technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages and basic computer use.
- Hands-on experience in monitoring and supporting community-based development programmes.
- Excellent report writing, communication (written and verbal) skills, and strong IT skills.
- Understanding of partnership approach to international development
- Manage and organize information systems and establish and maintain filing systems
- Ability to produce quality reports, case studies, and humanitarian briefs from analysis conducted
- on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online