Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) is a National Non-governmental organization that aims to respond to the need of vulnerable communities through supporting self-reliant empowerment activities particularly for women and youth and other vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Volunteer
Employment Type: Contract
- The project Promoting Access to Integrated GBV Services to Conflict Affected Communities in Borno State is a 8-month project (November 2022 – June 2023) funded by the Nigeria Humanitarian Fund (NHF) and implemented by the Rehabilitation Empowerment and Better Health Initiative (REBHI) in Bama LGA of Borno state.
- The project targets vulnerable populations in IDP camps and host communities in Bama with the aim of reducing suffering and vulnerability to GBV, SGBV & SEA for women and girls of reproductive age.
- The project will also support the co-ordination of the GBV sub-sector through co-ordination of the dignity kits technical working group (which REBHI leads) by assessing reviewing and implementing the needs of beneficiaries into the standardized dignity kits contents.
The Community Volunteer will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct door-to-door sensitization on GBV prevention and reporting by community volunteers within IDP camps and host communities of target locations.
- Assist in program coordination, which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews andone on oneinterview with respondents based onprogramdeveloped and supplied by the program lead.
- Participatein overall implementation of the activities asmay beassigned by the project team lead.
- Gather and accurately record responses from the community members as the need may demand.
- Submit completed reports and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the GBV Officer.
- As part of each assignment, he or she willparticipatein briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Promote program intervention within community, especially integrating community leaders and decision makers.
- Assists in developing ways in which community involvement can be increased and community groups strengthened;
- Liaise closely with local actors and other local stakeholders to raise the awareness, sensitize and engage them at grassroot level.
- Provision of linkages to community-based structures relevant for project implementation.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, NCE or OND qualification.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] include your name and position you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Hard copies of these credentials can also be sent to REBHI’s Office in Maiduguri.
- Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disregarded.